Contribute
Register

SUCCESS: El Captain – Z170X Gaming 5 – i7 6700k - GTX 950

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, so oisky you certify that you were succed to install Elcapitan with the Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 if i well anderstoud, because i plan to buy this motherboard too. and you didn't have a lot of problem no? regarding to other people. i am not sur what motherboard take.. thanks

I did succed, and the installation was very easy. Some little Bugfixes, but my Hackintosh is up and running (fast ;) ). If you have detailed questions feel free to ask here. I can definitely recommend the Z170X Gaming 5.

My build components FYI:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5
CPU: Core i7-6700K
Graphics: EVGA GTX 950

Other Hardware
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (16GB)
Corsair H60 (Water)
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Corsair RM 650 Watt
Corsair Carbide 300R
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter (N)
Dell UltraSharp U2414H

Last edited:
OK cool oisky, but i'm not sur that i anderstoud all of things, for installation with kext, config list, clover while we use unibeast, i would like to have a precise plan of installation step by step. Because when we have to put arg on boot , at what time i make it, and how , with commande line?.... all of thos things.

thanks

Using same board with a I5 6600k and can not get past install. Have a EVGA GTX 980ti installed but that's about it. Any suggestions?

Getting error extracting from Essentials.pkg or BaseSystemResources.pkg

Using same board with a I5 6600k and can not get past install. Have a EVGA GTX 980ti installed but that's about it. Any suggestions?

Getting error extracting from Essentials.pkg or BaseSystemResources.pkg

Have you tried to install without the GTX? Maybe you can install it after OSX installation …?

OK cool oisky, but i'm not sur that i anderstoud all of things, for installation with kext, config list, clover while we use unibeast, i would like to have a precise plan of installation step by step. Because when we have to put arg on boot , at what time i make it, and how , with commande line?.... all of thos things.

thanks
  1. Just follow the instructions to install El captain.
  2. Just for safety: Put in the boot arg "nvda_drv=1" on every Boot before step 6. To boot with "boot args/flags" search for "how to boot args".
  3. Do the Post-Installation with MultiBeast. (You can use the recommended preferences in installation guide, if there is something unclear, use the search function)
  4. Download and install NVIDIA Web Drivers.
  5. Download Clover Configurator. Edit your Config in your EFI Partition. (Search for "how to edit config EFI")
  6. In Clover Configurator look for "nvda_drv=1" (under boot) and "fixShutdown" (under acpi) checkboxes, check it, save and quit. Restart and voilá :)

Have fun!

thanks oisky i will see that, it's more clearly.

Thanks I have it working now, but I cannot get audio to work. Did you have any luck with that?

My sound is working, but i have a "sound after sleep/wake" problem. I think its fixable but i didnt do it so far … sorry.

Hi, I have the same Mobo and CPU, with the Gigabyte N970GTX , I cant for the life of me get the GPU recognized? Anyone got an idea? nvda_dvr=1 has no effect, I activate the Web driver but on restart it still doesn't it defaults to the built in driver and shows VRAM 8MB?

Last edited:
nvda_dvr=1 has no effect, I activate the Web driver but on restart it still doesn't it defaults to the built in driver and shows VRAM 8MB?
Just got an Stryx GTX960 up and running. I had to install the CUDA Drivers first, then the webdrivers, then I enabled the nvvidia_drv=1 and it worked perfectly.

I have almost the same configuration... !!

Al is working fine , but wake after sleep is not working .... my usb are gone after wake ..

Can you please share your bios config details and your clover config.plist ?

Thanks !

**EDIT:

fixed .. my problem was whit this Xbox 3600 controller driver.. after uninstall it sleep and wake like before !

http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back