Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.

I made a clean install. Then Multibeasted with proper config like squadseven. Then the os was able to boot itself without any bootflag.

I then made a copy of it in the disk utility, named backup OS, like you told me to.
Installed Nvidia on the original OS partition, rebooted to finish insall. Then tricky part, had to go to bios to change IGFX to PCI slot 1, then turn off pc. Then plugged the GPU, loaded the os boot, and got stuck again in the grey screen....

So, here is the -v boot of OS, the stucked one (with GPU installed and plugged)
photo (4).jpg
and the one of backup OS, with IGFX, the one that still works !
photo (5).jpg
What's my next move ? I'm sure it'll do, but I still don't know how :)

When using the dedicated graphics card you have to set Internal Graphics in BIOS to Disabled.
Then try booting with -v IGPEnabler=No and see if it works.

When using the dedicated graphics card you have to set Internal Graphics in BIOS to Disabled.
Then try booting with -v IGPEnabler=No and see if it works.

Do you mean, "Intel Processor Graphics" in Bios ?

Awesome mate! Glad I could help :thumbup:

Yeah ! And Thanks to Dasdf too for precise explainations !

Now my three big next challenges : installing my HDD, my firewire card and my ge force gtx550i in SLI :D

I'll keep you posted :)

Hi Klandathu,

what do you mean by solid static? And at what point of the boot process?
If you mean some kind of graphic error: I don't experience this kind of error.

It happens between the gray apple logo boot screent and the OSX log in screen just full screen of static.

Like this but a lighter gray.
http://grandtextauto.org/archives/lits_screen.png

But now I have another issue I hit the reset button on my case, an Fractal Design R4 and it messed up my Mavericks installation. I no longer get the tonymac boot up its a basic chimera "f12" screen and I have to press up or down to choose my boot drive. When I choose my SSD it will only boot with a 720p resolution instead of my monitors 1080p resolution with no option to change it in display properties. I rebooted from my sata hdd and its the right resolution but still the chimera "f12" screen. I redid the multibeast settings as well as made sure bios was set up correctly but no change. I am going to do a full reinstall on the SSD later tonight and see it that will fix it. (The SSD and the sata HDD should be clones of each other)

@nimanima: Glad everything worked out so far!
@baza: Good luck for your new installation approach!
@klandathu: I had this kind of statics when using my monitor with two computers attached (via vga and dvi) to it (during my transition phase from my old computer to my new hackintosh). But that has been a issue of the monitor and selecting the correct input always solved the problem.
I can't comment on your new problems after the reset, but I guess a clean install will help.

@nimanima: Glad everything worked out so far!

Do you advise me to make update my backup os with my actual one working with the GPU, and keep the habbit to do it every time I make a change that works ? Or make a third copy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back