Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Core i7-3770 - GA-H77-DS3H - (8)GB RAM - GTX 660Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the moment i try to install ml on the h77-ds3h since two days and i´m really not getting it to work. it´s my first build with a 7 series mobo and i thought it would be even more easy then to install on 6 series mobo. it the recommendation of tony and it really doesn´t work for me. i have to boot with PCIRootUID=0 and -x into the installer and after the installation i´m not able to boot in to osx, accept with PCIRootUID=0 and -x. the driver don´t work, i can only boot without driver. it always says something about unsupported cpu power management. i think about sending my mobo back and get a z68 mobo and install with dsdt. the z68 installation on my other computer is so easy.

can somebody give me a instruction for these parts i have, namely:

ga h77-ds3h

i7 3770

gtx 580

120gb sandisk ssd

After hours of researching, got into bios and started messing around. Disable vt-d function in bios, red about it somewhere, I don't know what is it for, buy it made the trick. The system booted perfectly. Didn't think it was gonna help but it did.
Hope it helps you. The MB I'm working on now is GA B75M-D3P

this solved my problem. just one bios option. i wonder why nobody else mentioned this before. big props to johnap987.
here the thread...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/75204-mountain-lion-only-boot-via-safe-mode-x.html#post518942

What about the wifi card?? Is it recognized natively??

TROUBLE WITH SIMILAR BUILD: SYSTEM LOSES FEED WITH MONITOR BUT DOES NOT SHUT OFF AFTER PAUSING ~5 SEC AT WHITE APPLE LOGO FROM 1.5.3 (FAILS TO BOOT INSTALLER)

Dear TKhaldi (and anyone else who may have advice!),

I'm trying to install OSX Mountain Lion on a very similar, though not identical, build as yours. I was about to start a new thread but I thought my system was relevant here. I hope this discussion will be helpful to others also.

Here are the details of my hardware:
MoBo: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H LGA 1155 ATX Rev. 1.1
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K, 8 MB Cache, LGA 1155, 3.50 GHz
Graphics: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti w/ 1GB GDDRS
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR3
PSU: PC Power and Cooling (OCZ) Silencer MkII 750W
Cooling: Corsair H60 Liquid-CPU Cooler
And details on the BIOS and OS:
BIOS: Gigabyte UEFI DualBIOS v. F17
OS: Mountain Lion 10.8 (I bought it from the App Store just yesterday so I predict this is 10.8.2, but it does not say this explicitly on the "Install OSX Mountain Lion" App info.

I was following the Tonymacx86 Hackintosh guide (http://lifehacker.com/5841604/the-always-up+to+date-guide-to-building-a-hackintosh?post=51322275) and things were going smoothly until I tried to boot the OSX installer from an 8GB USB drive. I get to the Tonymac86 logo and upon hitting enter, I progress to the familiar white Apple screen with a rotating circle for about 5 seconds, at which point my system suddenly loses connection with my monitor. The screen goes black though my tower continues to hum along as if nothing went wrong.

As my knowledge of Unix commands is basic at best (I apologize, I'm a newbie!), my debugging efforts have been sporadic. I tried GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRootUID=0 but they do not seem to solve the problem.

I used a verbose boot with the following command: -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 to try and give some help diagnosing the issue, though it's tough to decipher what's going on as the output flies by. I took four images of the error log as clearly as I could, in case they are helpful to someone more knowledgeable.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpg

I should also mention that I have noted the following things I could try but don't know how to exactly:
1. DSDT files: I don't know where to find these for my specific MoBo, or if I even needed to use them so far in this build (I haven't used Multibeast yet). Perhaps they have something to do with the missing kext files?
2. Disabling Quickboot: Just couldn't figure out how to do this with my BIOS. Please do advise how!
3. Disabling VD-t: I've read that this can be helpful (though I have no clue as to what VD-t stands for), but I again cannot find how to do this on BIOS v. F17.

If anyone has ideas on how to proceed, please post. TKHaldi, I'm especially interested in what you have to say.

Thanks,
lapog321

in the moment i try to install ml on the h77-ds3h since two days and i´m really not getting it to work. it´s my first build with a 7 series mobo and i thought it would be even more easy then to install on 6 series mobo. it the recommendation of tony and it really doesn´t work for me. i have to boot with PCIRootUID=0 and -x into the installer and after the installation i´m not able to boot in to osx, accept with PCIRootUID=0 and -x. the driver don´t work, i can only boot without driver. it always says something about unsupported cpu power management. i think about sending my mobo back and get a z68 mobo and install with dsdt. the z68 installation on my other computer is so easy.

can somebody give me a instruction for these parts i have, namely:

ga h77-ds3h

i7 3770

gtx 580

120gb sandisk ssd

Faced the same issue! and found a fix.
Remove the Graphics card, boot from the MOBO directly, install the OS, update to 10.8.3, then reinstall the Card.

Hi guys... good to see so many people using the H77-DS3H MB.

I've gone 1 round on install but I'm having some issues...

First where the heck is the .aml file? and how do I create it or how do I extract it?

I'm at Step 4: Post-Installation Using MultiBeast... substep 11 (from Installation Guide - OS X 10.8 - UniBeast for Mountain Lion )
11. Open the Downloads folder and move the .aml file to the Desktop
12. Open and run Multibeast's UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation and any further drivers to enable audio, network, graphics, etc...

This is the only thing I haven't been able to do so I'm suspecting that this is the reason for my problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back