Contribute
Register

[Success] Core i5-3570K - MSI Z77 MPower - GTX 680

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple concerns about the LED Phase indicator bar that is on the motherboard. I have used themilxt3r's pmpower tutorial on youtube and modified my bios, and the LED Phase indicator bar now is not just fully lit all the time (which makes sense as it should show the power phase according to CPU performance). However, what I have noticed is that 2 LEDs are lit on the bar most of the time, and the other LEDs are all flashing like a strobe light. This is only concerning to me now, because I had the motherboard for less than a month (Immediately made it a hackintosh), and a capacitor blew up (ie. caught on fire) next to the CPU. I RMA'd the motherboard and they send me another one, but I'm wondering if this flashing phase bar is anyway indication that parts of the motherboard are getting rapidly fluctating power.

Can anyone look at their motherboard and tell me if their Phase LED's are flashing all the time?

Can anyone look at their motherboard and tell me if their Phase LED's are flashing all the time?

I have this motherboard and in windows and mac it does that. it's not a problem with mine had for 3 months done it entire time.

I have a couple concerns about the LED Phase indicator bar that is on the motherboard. I have used Storks pmpower tutorial on youtube...
I have a YouTube video?! Please post the link. TIA.

Sorry Stork, I put the wrong person there, it was actually themilxt3r's tutorial mentioned in this thread on page 1.

I'll be honest, I have had some serious issues with this board. I have some pretty high end components so it has been frustrating to see them all sit around on a table for months. I mentioned that I had 1 motherboard that literally caught on fire. I got a second one from MSI that died in about 2 weeks. They sent me another one after that (an z77 mpower) that didn't even boot to bios. At one point I thought it was a symptom of another component, so I took everything from a long-running HTPC and swapped it on to this 3rd board to find out it still didn't post -- to no avail, it did not.

The 4th iteration is now on it's way from MSI in the mail. They have had longer custody of my motherboard(s) than I have had since I purchased it new from newegg. I digress, but having the first 2 motherboards die [in my custody] really made me question if these issues [of the first 2 boards] were a consequence of the speedstep adjustments or the bios flash that is done. Can anyone here attest to their hackintosh working flawlessly still months after of use? I'm wondering if I just got unlucky with the boards I have received or if it was a consequence of the bios alterations.

Nevertheless, the 4th board is coming to me from MSI soon. So I'll keep posting.

My components are:
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133
Corsair HX-1050 PSU
EVGA GeForce 780 Classified
i5 3570k

Has anyone tried Yosemite with their z77 mpower? I've tried the default approach of using multibeast and after reboot I get a CPU panic (couldn't get a picture due to how quickly it went). Then I tried the manual install of chimera 4.01 and used the wizard to setup the config file but still same problem.

However I can use my OSX installation just fine if I boot it via the unibeast boot on my USB.

I hope this makes sense and appreciate any thoughts you may have. Thanks!

PS. By default Yosemite sees and utilizes my GTX 770 thanks to them using nvidia cards now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back