Contribute
Register

[Success] Core i5-3570K - MSI Z77 MPower - GTX 680

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I'm glad the tutorial helped you, although it is already a bit outdated. With the current version of MultiBeast the initial installation should be much easier.

What is the exact symptom with sleep? does it not sleep at all? does it not automatically sleep?

Over time I recognized that my system woke up occasionally by itself, and I think the reason was the setting: 'Wake for network access' in "Energy Saver preferences", I recommend to uncheck this option.

You could also open up "Console" to see the current system messages when you try to hibernate your system.. maybe it prints out the reason that prevents sleep.

Does not sleep at all not manually and not auto sleep. Installation was really easy after i done it for 10 times :) I will give a try to clover atm because i want to boot with disabled iGFX that i need for multibeast to boot normaly. With clover i do not need to enable the integrated gpu and i can send the hackmac ;) to sleep and autosleep works as well. But there i have problems with right direction to get PStates like it should be on ivy bridge.

best regards

edit:

clover installation Stick isn't working for me so have to find a way to get everything working with chimera.

@ dsms: R u on 10.8.4? Whey yes have you also problems with Face Time? It crashes after i pick up a call or when the other side pick up my call. Sleep function is working well when internal GPU is off and i start the bootloader from usb stick but would be great if it could work with both cards enabled. Does the Framebuffer function work without graphic card injection? and what is this vbios good option for? Also i found a thread where a dude with z77 board from gigabyte got his card working well with this option enabled and restart fix no option. Some assist from any pro hackintosh builder is appreciated.

Hm, did you install FakeSMC? this is necessary to let your Hackintosh sleep. Either you take it from MultiBeast or from here, included in the HWSensors package: https://bitbucket.org/kozlek/hwsensors/downloads

And yes, I run 10.8.4 without any problems. I started with 10.8.2 and updating via the AppStore always worked fine.

Instead of Chimera you could also try the original Chameleon, with Clover I have no experience.

I don't use Facetime and I'm not sure why I would use a mac-only video messenger. Use Skype ;)

Yes i installed the newest version of FAKESMC and sensors kexts except of the GPU. Because ATI Cards still unsupported.

But i think i did it this time ;) Freshly install with Glover USB Key, latest Chimera Bootloader after the installation. Clover create also the hidden repair partition and when i turn on the graphics injector with the Futomaki as framebuffer, for my HD 7870 XT, i got a sleep option running with the app you have mentioned at the end of your how to. ;)

Thank you again for your excellent description.

best regards

I have got up and running the Z77 mPower using these settings. I am running 32GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum at X.M.P. 2133. I am using chameleon 2155 & FileNVRAM to get imessage running. Everything is looking good, except for sleep (manual). I think this may be because I missed the step of resetting CMOS / turning of XMP before flashing motherboard. Is there an way of knowing if this is my issue w/o resetting? What would you recommend I do? BTW, my graphics card is an GTX+ 9800, so there are subtle variabilities in our machines. When I do put it to sleep, it slowly goes to sleep, but if I try to awake it with my mouse/keyboard nothing happens. If I use the power button, it will attempt to start back up, shut down a 2 or 3 times, then give me a bios screen that mentions something to the effect of overclock settings not being compatible. (I only have the RAM set to X.M.P).

Thanks for your help.

hm, not sure. I didn't have problems with the XMP so far. What happens when your RAM runs at lower speed, for example, 1333 Mhz? When your machine reboots a few times after you press the power button, try to open the "Console" program and try to find out what had caused reboot.
Btw, my machine only wakes up when I press the power button, noting happens when I move the mouse or press a key. But I find it better this way.

I ended up just restoring my hard drive from a clone and reinstalling chamelleon, it doesn't have that issue anymore. I am still getting this strange symptom that causes my internet to not function. It's unpredictable and happens sometimes when I boot the computer.

But more importantly, I have not got speed step functioning. I followed the page to where you said download the ssdt, but I don't see the link where you can download the prebuilt ssdt. Can you link me to the correct one for the i5-3570K?

EDIT: I got speed step to work. Just out of curiosity. Those CPU_Phase LEDs on the z77 mPower -- are they supposed to blink at low cpus loads? before speedstep they would all be on. After speed step fix, at low lows, only 2 are on, the rest are working. How does it look for you?

Core i5-3570K - MSI Z77 MPower - GT 440

Ok, so I was able to get everything up and running, but I am only able to use the IGP graphics for some reason.

My GT 440 card is recognized in the system profile for 10.9 Mavericks on initial boot, and the CUDA drivers install without any problems.

Here is my current issue with graphics:
I can only boot with IGP as default with Virtu mode enabled or disabled in BIOS. I would assume that both the Intel 4000 graphics and my geforce can't be used like Windows is able to with the Virtu software, but I would at the VERY least like to be able to use my GeForce as my main graphics solution. I can tolerate not have the graphics switching capability, but I have no idea if it's even possible -- I would assume if I use the onboard HDMI port it could still use the PCI-e graphics card to boost performance? (I would love to know if anyone knows how this works on OS X).

I am not able to boot with PEG (discrete card) as the initial graphics device at all -- the screen goes black.

The only other issue I have is that any bootloader, other than the UniBeast installation USB stick, will cause the boot0: error black screen to occur. I haven't found a fix, so I get keep the USB installation stick plugged in and boot manually which doesn't bother me at all.

For the most part, sleep usually works. Sometimes, it will break and cause me to reboot when waking from a sleep.

The last thing, which I found to be pretty entertaining, was that I received some wizard update through the Ap Store for a Thunderbolt fix this morning. I am not quite sure what it did.

My settings as of current:
RAM is at 1600 with manual 9-9-9-21 timing (will tighten it more later).
Graphics mode is Virtue enabled with IGP as initial device and maxed RAM settings.
I have the C-states Enabled, Power Efficient VRM setting, and Turbo OC to 44x on all cores.
My Intel NIC was working right now of the box, so onboard NIC is disabled.
Onboard sound works great.

Here is a link to my hardware combination. I would appreciate any input that can be given!
http://www.overclock.net/lists/display/view/id/5064705

Your boot0: problem is probably caused by your HDD. Try MacMan's boot0: Guide: boot0 Error: The Official Thread

Thanks for the response. This isn't actually an issue for me since I like having the USB Installer ready for pre-boot permission fixes when I need it. I don't mind the UniBeast boot loader at all.

My main concern at the moment is to find out if anyone knows how the Z77 chipset it handled by Mavericks in terms of GPU usage.

I would like to maintain the use of my GT 440, though I know 600 and 700 series cards are supported more.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back