Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9333
CPU
i5-Haswell
Graphics
HD4400, 1920x1080
Hello all,

I thought that this might be useful for someone whose internet/wifi don't work out of the box and are looking to purchase an external USB WIFI adapter.

I managed to install Cirago Bluetooth 3.0 + WIFI Combo USB Adapter ( Part Number: BTA7300 ) successfully on Mavericks 10.9.4. The USB WIFI chipset is Realtek RTL8192C.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...n=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true
The Bluetooth works OOB in my system.

This dongle actually saves you a usb since it is wifi + usb in one.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hi!!
Did u try with Yosemite?

I'm interested by this dongle...:D

Thx

It's working for me in Yosemite. Both Bluetooth and Wi-fi. My only complaint is that the Mini-CD that they gave me had a mac driver from 10.8, which worked but didn't seem to always remember my password. But the Wi-fi utility app was called something like "Greens Network Utility". I also have the tiny EDUP nano card which uses the same kext and has a newer version of the Wi-fi utility app just called, "Wireless Network Utility" and it works much better. It starts up on it's own and the you can close it and still have internet. Now just need to write a startup script to shut it down after it connects.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-30 at 1.51.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-30 at 1.51.51 PM.png
    904.1 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0750.jpg
    IMG_0750.jpg
    565.4 KB · Views: 213
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back