Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Celeri's "Silent Mini Beast" — Z690M-ITX/ax + i5-12600 + RX 6600

I was asking if you have deleted some parts of your plist file, like Patch sections ?

Nope, I only removed the SMBIOS info items.

Also did you use pre-generated version of the ACPI files ? Or did you use SSDTtime to generate you own files, like me ?

I mostly used pre-generated files available from Dortania's guide, and maybe a few from @CaseySJ. I do not precisely remember this part, but I did not generate any of them by myself.

I am wondering if my GPU is causing all this trouble, but I have no other compatible AMD GPU on hand.
Also I did not try the CPUFriend.kext yet, may be I should ? My CPU does not have E cores !

I sincerely doubt your GPU is making problems if it runs well under Windows: Navi23 is supported since Monterey, it should just work.

I attach my new EFI with 0penCore 0.8.8, I hope it will help!

Attachments

• EFI - OC 0.8.8.zip
    11.6 MB · Views: 185
Hi, thank you so much for your files. I had no chance yet to dig into it as much as I'd like to, as I was very busy trying so many things.
Good news anyway, I was able to install Monterey 12.6.1 (install in progress as of right now).

I found so many differences between you config file and mine. Also how do you create the _MACOSX folder near the OC folder ? Whta is this folder used for ? Is it very necessary ?
I removed my SSD (WD 850X 1TB) from my computer, and I am currently installing macOS on a SATA SSD with the help of an older OC 0.7.x version, with iMacPro1,1 model.

So you were right, my graphic card is working just fine !
For now I dsiabled almost everything expect the SATA drive controller and the realtek LAN card :)

At this time I still have no clue what does cause all this crashes. But I will find out and post it here once done.
Have a great and time and thank you for your support !

Btw I have installed Windows10 on my computer just to test that the hardware is working as expexted and it is just fine !

I found so many differences between you config file and mine. Also how do you create the _MACOSX folder near the OC folder ? Whta is this folder used for ? Is it very necessary ?

Nope, this folder is an artefact of the "Compress" function integrated in the Finder, you can trash it without any problem.

Very good news!
I was able to install and then boot macOS for the first time ever on my new computer ! Ventura 13.0.1 :)
Ok I am still on a temp install (I disconnected it from the Internet).

The main thing I found in Dortanias's well written guide, when using an Alder Lake CPU, faked as a Comet Lake CPU, is this section:
  • SetupVirtualMap: NO
    • Fixes SetVirtualAddresses calls to virtual addresses, however broken due to Comet Lake's memory protections. ASUS, Gigabyte and AsRock boards will not boot with this on.

This is working well on a real Comet Lake CPU hardware, but not on a Alder Lakder CPU model. In fact it is quite the opposite.
To be clear, I had to set this "SetupVirtualMap" option to "True" to get my i5-12600 CPU working on my AsRock MB.
Also there is another option which is very important. It is the GPU rezizable bar support, which need to be set to "-1" when you disabled this function in your motherbaord BIOS.
On my AsRock H670M-itx/ax board this is called C.A.M (Clever Access Memory) under Advanced\Chipset config section.

So to summarize, under Root/ACPI/Booter/Quirks you should have these 2 settings like this (if rebar is disabled in you BIOS of course):
  • SetupVirtualMap: True
  • ResizeAppleGpuBars: -1

I followed this post @Celeri , along with @CaseySJ and OC Installation Guide, built my 2nd Hackintosh that appears to be running pretty well.

- Z690M-ITX/ac
- Core i5-13600K, all cores and HT enabled, with CPUTopologyRebuild kext.
- Gskill TridentZ 2x16 GB DDR4 3200, XMP enabled
- NZXT H1v2, with 140mm AIO for CPU cooling
- AsRock Challenger RX 6600 8GB
- SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
- BCM94360NG (on its way), for now just using on-board Realtek 8125B 2.5G Ethernet

The only thing I've changed from @Celeri 's config was to add kexts for CPUTopologyRebuild, RestrictEvents, and replaced ALC with ALCU and disabled my onboard audio, since I have a USB DAC and it seems to cause coreaudiod conflicts, results in sleep failures. After disabling the onboard audio in BIOS and replacing ALC with ALCU, sleep works fine now.

Another note to other builders that would like to use @Celeri 's config: This config is generated with OC 0.8.3, BE SURE to use a corresponding configurator should you choose to do so, or you will waste so much time in debugging a bug that isn't there.
Hello friend, I'm a newbie interested in Apple's OS. And I have the same board and the same processor. can you post your EFI please? Let me try it. Thanks.

Sorry for my late answer, it seems that the site is not sending me notifications by mail anymore, that is a bit strange...

Anyway it is great to hear that your machine works well!

As for the port mapping, it is a 3-step process:
  1. first you have to identify the available ports
  2. then you choose which ports you want to enable
  3. finally you map them in a SSDT or KEXT file
For #1, I used the tool described in Dortania's guide. I find it better to run it under Windows, since it does not have macOS's limitations on USB, so you do not have to worry on how to activate all the ports.

Once you have written down all the ports you have and made sure to know which correspond to which plug (keeping in mind that if you want USB2+USB3 on one physical ports, it takes 2) and made your choice on which 15 of them you want to enable, you can proceed to the mapping. For this, my preference is to take an existing KEXT and modify its "Info.plist" with a PLIST editor (such as PListEdit Pro) accordingly to my design. The items you want to modify are:
  • in the key "IOKitPersonalities" → "<MACHINE_PROFILE>-XHCI" → "IOProviderMergeProperties" → "ports". The syntax is fairly straightforward to understand, just make sure to associate the right port name to the right address (02000000 for HS2, 14000000 for SS4, etc.) and the right kind of protocol, as described in Dortania's guide (0 for USB3, 3 for USB3, 9 or 10 for USB-C, 255 for Internal)
  • the "port-count" key has to match the highest address among your existing ports
  • the "model" key has to match your machine profile
After that, move the KEXT to your "kexts" folder — and do not forget to add it in your OC config!

If your USB-C plug is connected to the 19-pin "USB3_12" header port on the motherboard, then it shoud be mapped through HS02/SS06 or HS03/SS07. But I guess it is more likely to be connected to the "F_USB3_TC_1" port? In this case, I do not know its name and address, and the tool used in step #1 should be able to tell you.
Thank you very much @Celeri !!! I was relocating and finally got my hackintosh again so I gave a try through Windows and got everything running out of the box, way easier and faster than trying with USB all on macOS.
USB is now working as expected.

The hackintosh was in a box since December therefore I'm still with Ventura 13.1, I understand that 13.2 is working OK but as anyone tried the latest 13.3 ? I'll update to 13.2 first.

Thanks again for sharing !

edit: upgraded to 13.2.1 + OC 0.9.1, working like a charm. I'll wait some feedback to move to 13.3.1 :)

Last edited:
I think that Your performance special multi-core is too low. Look at this for i5-12400F CPU (another motherboard on B660 chipset). Of course i5-12600 is more powerful so performance should be greater. For 100% sure check
this scores under Windows, too. This may be due to a weak motherboard power section or less efficient cooling, too.

Attachments

• cinbenchr23.png
    cinbenchr23.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 42
  • geekbench5.png
    geekbench5.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 51
Just helped a friend order all the parts for this build, but with the same MB Stamy is using, ASRock H670M-ITX/ax and and i9 processor with water cooling. Wish me luck on my build this Saturday. Look like a winner.

For the record, I just updated to OpenCore 0.9.3 (through OCAuxiliaryTools) & Ventura 13.4 → Not a single problem!

I also upgraded Geekbench to v6 and ran a new test:

Geekbench v6.png

Thanks for the update, I gave it a try and updated to OC 0.9.3 & Ventura 13.4.1 without any glitch !

Back