Contribute
Register

Success: Catalina on ASUS ROG Strix H370-I Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jcdufourd Hi, I saw this post and I think that you can help me with my problem. I have the Asus Rog Strix H370-F Gaming with i5 8600k and Radeon RX 570 4gb, with 32gb ballistic sport (4x8gb) and I am stuck with Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6. I send you my EFI. Could you please help my to update to Catalina? Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 108
@jcdufourd Hi, I saw this post and I think that you can help me with my problem. I have the Asus Rog Strix H370-F Gaming with i5 8600k and Radeon RX 570 4gb, with 32gb ballistic sport (4x8gb) and I am stuck with Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6. I send you my EFI. Could you please help my to update to Catalina? Thanks
I believe my lack of any problem when upgrading from Mojave to Catalina is because I am using the on-board Intel graphics. Even that took a loooong time to work initially. As I do not have the Radeon graphics card, I cannot really help.
And I have to say: what is the advantage of Catalina over Mojave really ? 32-bit program compatibility is gone, so lots of old programs stop working. If I was still on Mojave, I would not make any effort to upgrade...

hi I'm very beginner on Hackintosh. But I have seen your thread with the similar specs of hardware.
I used your EFI folder to install Mac OS Catalina, but I don't find in the config.plist to bypass the ubuntu loader and active Install Mac OS Catalina.
Do you want to help me please.

I have tried also the UniBeast for my config, but don't still work.

Thanks

Fedewar, if you do not have a dual boot Ubuntu+Catalina like me, just delete the ubuntu folder from the EFI folder.
It should also be possible to just tell Clover not to scan for Linux entries in the config.plist.
Good luck.

Fedewar, if you do not have a dual boot Ubuntu+Catalina like me, just delete the ubuntu folder from the EFI folder.
It should also be possible to just tell Clover not to scan for Linux entries in the config.plist.
Good luck.
Hi I already delete Ubuntu folder and starting clover on Pc and nothing disk appear. Do you guide me to set Catalina disk installer on boot in config.plist.
Thanks very much

Two things to check in the config.plist:
  • After DefaultVolume, I put Catalina which is the name of my default volume. It was initially something else, so you might have to change the name of your volume to Catalina or change the config.plist (line after DefaultVolume) near line 170 to the name of your default volume
  • I use a ScreenResolution = 2560x1440 which may be too much for your screen: did you set that value to the size of your screen ? That is near line 310 of config.plist

I forgot to update the EFI.zip: in my initial post, the following files are missing from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other:
  1. FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
  2. FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
  3. FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
  4. FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
  5. FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
As a result, the temperature could not be displayed.
Attached are the kexts to add to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    130.3 KB · Views: 74
Could you pass me the configuration of your motherboard? I can't start the operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back