Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is the thread I hoped to find when I had problems, so now that everything works, here it is :)

I upgraded to Catalina final from Mojave (latest) with Software Update, after upgrading Clover to version 5070.
It went smoothly but I lost audio.

I found a thread suggesting to update AppleALC, Lilu and WhateverGreen. I did that, both in the EFI directory and in the /Library/Extensions folder (just updating EFI was not enough). After the update of the kext, I did:
sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions​
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions​
sudo kextcache -i /​

After that, audio was back.

Warning for developers, I also needed to reinstall XCode command line tools before I could do anything: git, ...

I attach the EFI folder. Note: I have a double boot with Linux.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20 MB · Views: 1,867
  • Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 10.03.56.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 10.03.56.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 505
This did help to fix my audio on ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING, thanks!

Actually, there is a need for a fix of this config as described here:

The working config.plist is attached. USB3 devices are detected correctly with this fix.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.5 KB · Views: 475
Any idea how should i install catalina on a brand new h370i gaming and i5 9400 with igpu? Does the xcode reinstall fix the git issue or you need to reinstall after each boot? Would you recommend this mobo with igpu for xcode dev?

Any idea how should i install catalina on a brand new h370i gaming and i5 9400 with igpu? Does the xcode reinstall fix the git issue or you need to reinstall after each boot? Would you recommend this mobo with igpu for xcode dev?
Sorry, I do not have experience with igpu, and I do not know what you are talking about for the "git issue". I use xcode and git quite often and without any problems.

Hi
Do you think your config will work on ROG Strix H370-F Gaming ?
Basically they are the same board but -I is an ITX so has less expansion slots

I would do a fresh install with ROG Strix H370-F and Radeon RX 560 (that should work OOB)

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back