Contribute
Register

[Success] Catalina 10.15.6 on Z490 Vision G via OpenCore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
Intel i5 10400
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon RX580 8Gb
Successfully deployed my first Hackintosh thanks to CaseySJ's Gigabyte Z490 Vision D build!

Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
Intel i5 10400
Gigabyte Radeon RX580 8Gb
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb M.2
32Gb Ram (Corsair Vengeance 2x 16GB RAM DDR4, 3200MHz)

Had trouble with my initial Clover install then stumbled CaseySJ's (very similar) build so figured I'd try following his brilliant instructions - BOOM!!! I stuck to the steps verbatim and it installed and booted first time and took less than an hour! Brilliant write-up, step-by-step instructions and attached file sets! Thank you CaseySJ!

The ONLY 2 small changes to the step-by-step instructions I'd suggest are to do with the "Vision G" - specific part.

(1) Suggest a spoiler link for the "Vision G" peeps before end of Step 4 (ie: during OpenCore Configurator and before Copy EFI folder to EFI partition) to the Vision G section.

(2) The name of the file in the G Package is “SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V2.aml” so I have used this file name in place for both the below steps:
  • In the OpenCore ACPI folder, replace SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml with SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V1.aml located in the attached Vision G Package.zip
  • Then open config.plist in OpenCore Configurator and change the rename SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml to SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V1.aml in the ACPI section.
Unfortunately I'm stuck with my wired USB kbd/mouse while my Magic Mouse & KBD await a working Bluetooth/Wireless solution - awaiting components. Wired Internet for now - works great!

G.

Last edited:
Managed to get my USB Bluetooth dongle to show the Bluetooth icon at the top of the screen when I plug it in but cannot get my Apple MagicMouse or Apple Keyboard to show. Any thoughts?

Using Hackintool - it shows the device "CSR8510 A10" when I plug in the USB Dongle and follows when I unplug. So it is detecting the device. What do I need to add/configure for this to enable Bluetooth for my Apple Kbd/mouse?

Thx,
G

Last edited:
Hey there. Did you get thunderbolt going on your G? I have one with the Titan Ridge 2.0 TB 3 card. I was thinking about taking a stab at it. What about onboard video? That work for you at all?

Thanks!

Greetings Gandalf1969, thanks for sharing your useful experience with this setup. I would like to know if you got the On-board HDMI port working by any chance.
Sorry mate - a year later I see this post (lol). I did not attempt it sorry. Was always my intention to use the external graphics as the primary use for the build was an Adobe editing platform. With the added horsepower of 4screens max, it's probably something I won't get to.

How did you get on?

Hey there. Did you get thunderbolt going on your G? I have one with the Titan Ridge 2.0 TB 3 card. I was thinking about taking a stab at it. What about onboard video? That work for you at all?

Thanks!
Sorry for the late reply. Not tried Thunderbolt or onboard video. I have the Radeon card which is more HP than I need so probably won't be using onboard graphics. I'd have saved some cash buying the same CPU without onboard GPU but they were out of stock and I was getting everything else from the same vendor so I figured why not.

And as at Dec 4th, 2021 (1.25yrs later) - I can report this rig has worked absolutely flawlessly and literally been on 24x7x365 except for a handful of power outages. No hardware alterations AT ALL. It's been running the original OC 0.6.1 (I know, I know lol) and Catalina. I've done all the OS updates to Catalina (now at 10.15.7) as if it were a real Mac and not had one single issue.

Oh and I see I didn't update this thread to say: I tried several recommended USB options to add bluetooth in order to enjoy handoff but sketchy (inconsistent) results so I ordered this from Amazon US$49 plus ship....

"Hackintosh WiFi Dual Band macOS WiFi Card BCM94360CD 802.11a/g/n/ac 1750Mbps BT4.0 PCIe Network Adapter Natively Support AirDrop Handoff"

Works as designed, first time and never looked back.

I'm now 2 OS versions behind (always conscious of differences as I also run a MacBook Pro) so time to revisit OC and upgrade that to 0.7.5 and then hopefully an upgrade to Monterey.

And as at Dec 4th, 2021 (1.25yrs later) - I can report this rig has worked absolutely flawlessly and literally been on 24x7x365 except for a handful of power outages. No hardware alterations AT ALL. It's been running the original OC 0.6.1 (I know, I know lol) and Catalina. I've done all the OS updates to Catalina (now at 10.15.7) as if it were a real Mac and not had one single issue.

Oh and I see I didn't update this thread to say: I tried several recommended USB options to add bluetooth in order to enjoy handoff but sketchy (inconsistent) results so I ordered this from Amazon US$49 plus ship....

"Hackintosh WiFi Dual Band macOS WiFi Card BCM94360CD 802.11a/g/n/ac 1750Mbps BT4.0 PCIe Network Adapter Natively Support AirDrop Handoff"

Works as designed, first time and never looked back.

I'm now 2 OS versions behind (always conscious of differences as I also run a MacBook Pro) so time to revisit OC and upgrade that to 0.7.5 and then hopefully an upgrade to Monterey.
If you are still using the Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 SSD as your boot drive, you should take note that the drive has serious problems in MacOS Monterey :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back