Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [Success] Catalina 10.15.1 Asus ROG Strix Z390E-Gaming, i9 9900K and RX 5700XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi

thank you for the EFI I now have new error, SMCRTC: stop.

any advice on this error will be much appreciated.

thanks
S

@PeteZimbi
I shared my EFI here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/catalina-10-15-2-beta-i9900k-rx-5700-xt.287396/post-2044185

Try it, but bear in mind to change the SN (and other details) to your needs and remove DSDT (acpi/patched) and USBPorts.kext (kexts/other)

Also, if you are not using any kind of broadcom cards then remove these kexts as well:
BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID.kext

and IntelMausiEthernet.kext with AppleALC.kext if our network/sound cards are not the same
@pompey
Thanks so much I will go ahead and try this and report back. I may have been doing things wrong going by your recommendations to remove some kexts I do not need. I am excited to try it!!

Last edited:
hi

thank you for the EFI I now have new error, SMCRTC: stop.

any advice on this error will be much appreciated.

thanks
S
Try to disable IGPU and use GPU only via HDMI or DP
and remove unnecessary kexts

Well, I couldn't get to install OS with the Rx5700xt plugged in and with that EFI, instead I used the IGPU and installation went smoothly without any issues. I then replaced the EFI with the one shared here, shut down my rig, unplugged power, hooked the rx5700xt back, rebooted PC and boom! The system behaved normally for an hour or two, thereafter it was chaos. Freezes, weird sounds and auto shutdowns! Tried switching to HDMI, updated to 10.15.2, all that didn't help. I am back to my IGPU now as I keep searching for fixes.
I tried buda’s efi files and using the 15.2 iso to install, somehow it worked, I did the installation with dp port connected from 5700xt to monitor, and banned IGPU during installation, the 15.2 works okay but still have some bugs, all the usb3.0 ports are not working now and the sound quality when connected to airpods sounds terrible and breaks a lot, but the airdrop function works fine. The sidecar function is all I want from Catalina, it recognized my iPad Pro but when connecting to iPad there was just a black screen, so I did some research then realized that you need to enable the IGPU to get it working, so I enabled the IGPU in bios and sidecar are now working, also come with the hardware acceleration with h264 and hevc.
Still need solution on sound quality, usb 3.0 ports, the sleep function looks weird too...

Last edited:
@pompey
Thanks so much I will go ahead and try this and report back. I may have been doing things wrong going by your recommendations to remove some kexts I do not need. I am excited to try it!!
So I went ahead and tried everything as suggested with your EFI, got stuck with error "AppleNVMe Assert Failed" while booting. Looked it up and tried to apply the solutions as suggested on this link but didn't help. So reverted back to my old EFI, booted with the rx5700xt connected to my monitor with a display port cable and a few minutes later the system froze gain accompanied with a static noise from the monitor speakers. This happens regardless of the cable I use, ie, HDMI or Display port.
I am sure I am missing something which unfortunately I can't figure out and hope the hackintosh brains on this forum will help me sort this out. I have attached my EFI to help in the troubleshooting.

This is the composition of my build:
Mobo :
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming LGA1151

Processor:
Intel Core I9-9900K Desktop Processor 8 Cores

Graphics:
Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ Rx 5700 Xt 8GB GDDR6

AIO Cooling:
CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES H60 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler

Hard Drive:
XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2 2280 Solid State Drive

Power Supply:
EVGA Supernova 550 GM, 80 Plus Gold 550W, Fully Modular,

RAM:
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3000 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 32GB

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26.4 MB · Views: 127
@PeteZimbi
1) Use HDMI instead of DP
2) Try to use NVME driver which I attached here and put it into drivers folder with the EFI that didn't work

Attachments

• NvmExpressDxe.efi
    31.6 KB · Views: 105
@PeteZimbi
1) Use HDMI instead of DP
2) Try to use NVME driver which I attached here and put it into drivers folder with the EFI that didn't work
Tried that and same error message popped up. I appreciate you for taking the time to help me. Thanks so much.

Try to disable IGPU and use GPU only via HDMI or DP
and remove unnecessary kexts

hi

thank you for help, I am using a XFX radeon RX 580 GTS XXX GUI card. I have selected PCIe on the motherboard.

the same message appears wha ever setting I use

thanks.

hi all. I would if someone can explain something, why is it I can install high Sierra on the PC without any problem but when I try to install Mojave or Catalina I am running into similair errors.

is there any EFI files I can copy from High Sierra files on to other 2 operating system which will allow to install.

my machine setup as follows

ASUS ROG Z 390-e
i9 9900k
32 GB ram
Radeon RX580 GTS xxx
samsung 970evo plus
samsung 970 evo

thanking you in advance for you support

ps, I am newbie in the world of Hackintosh

S

Is it still holding on? Just curious.
Better than ever ! Super stable, no freeze at all...everything's working good.

I will take a look at your EFI more in details later, but you should definitely update Lilu and Whatevergreen to the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back