Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately fixshutdown had no effect as the machine still reboots.

EDIT:
sleep and wakeup seems to work :)

Last edited:
Congrats to @blouse for your mega rig. I decided to make my first build with the z390 Ultra board and i7 9700 which in hindsight may have been a bit overambitious. So far I can't get into the installer as the screen goes black just before it reaches the High Sierra splash screen. Windows side of things is working fine but I just can't get any further with the hackintosh. Any help from you guys would be much appreciated.

Congrats to @blouse for your mega rig. I decided to make my first build with the z390 Ultra board and i7 9700 which in hindsight may have been a bit overambitious. So far I can't get into the installer as the screen goes black just before it reaches the High Sierra splash screen. Windows side of things is working fine but I just can't get any further with the hackintosh. Any help from you guys would be much appreciated.
Your 1070 will not work with Mojave but High Sierra should work once you install the web driver.
If you are connecting via DP try HDMI and vice versa.

Your 1070 will not work with Mojave but High Sierra should work once you install the web driver.
If you are connecting via DP try HDMI and vice versa.

trs96 thanks for the quick reply. I thought I would just start with the igpu and get the gpu started later after the install.
No DP on TV Monitor

Here are a couple of shots of the screen if anyone can help with this that would be great.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 150
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Hi @SnakeP! Thanks for the nice words.

On a previous installation when I was trying High Sierra, I had to use the attached OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi to get into the installer. Maybe that will work for you. Also a good idea to try setting "Inject Kexts" to yes and booting into verbose mode so you can see if there is an error that is holding you up. Best of luck.

Attachments

• OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
    17.8 KB · Views: 157
Hi @SnakeP! Thanks for the nice words.

On a previous installation when I was trying High Sierra, I had to use the attached OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi to get into the installer. Maybe that will work for you. Also a good idea to try setting "Inject Kexts" to yes and booting into verbose mode so you can see if there is an error that is holding you up. Best of luck.

Thanks for the tip will try that. Took some shots the last one was just before failure. I have no idea what any of that means as my knowledge of unix is close to zero. Followed your lead as you outlined earlier and set "Inject Kexts" to yes. Honestly, any help you can give me would be appreciated as I'm totally new to this.

Last edited:
Yeah try replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi with the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi in the CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder. Only one should be there at a given time. There are also other versions of that file you can try. Hopefully you can find the exact error message and do a search for it. No worries on being new, I was in your shoes a month ago when I was building my first system (this thread).

Also might as well throw in the latest WhateverGreen.kext as it has a number of built in fixes.

Yeah try replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi with the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi in the CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder. Only one should be there at a given time. There are also other versions of that file you can try. Hopefully you can find the exact error message and do a search for it. No worries on being new, I was in your shoes a month ago when I was building my first system (this thread).

Also might as well throw in the latest WhateverGreen.kext as it has a number of built in fixes.

Already tried the OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi along with the Test2-2016.efi. No go. Will try OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

Already tried the OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi along with the Test2-2016.efi. No go. Will try OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

[SUCCESS] Got through to the High Sierra desktop! Just about to use MultiBeast. Thanks! for all of your help. Will be posting a full account but there's not much to tell just started again with the standard install on a different USB stick (Kingston SE9) that didn't work so (no entry sign after Apple logo) then adjusted with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, and it just worked. Yipeee!!! I have a question about the BIOS though do you change the settings back to what they were or do you leave everything the same. How does this affect the windows partition? Thanks again

[SUCCESS] Got through to the High Sierra desktop! Just about to use MultiBeast. Thanks! for all of your help. Will be posting a full account but there's not much to tell just started again with the standard install on a different USB stick (Kingston SE9) that didn't work so (no entry sign after Apple logo) then adjusted with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, and it just worked. Yipeee!!! I have a question about the BIOS though do you change the settings back to what they were or do you leave everything the same. How does this affect the windows partition? Thanks again

Hey @SnakeP, that's great to hear. I'm super glad you got it working! The BIOS... I have left it the same, no idea if it will affect Windows- but I doubt any of the settings would cause it not to boot. Anyway, congrats!

Speaking of BIOS, I have been plugging away trying to find the right settings to OC to 5ghz, and I finally landed on something I like. My head is spinning from all of the youtube videos and forum research trying to figure this out (my first OC).

(stock, no OC was 160.5fps / 2051cb)

(stock, no OC was 6489 / 35247)

It is stable with anything I throw at it, with the exception of Prime95 (mac version). Temps are below 88C during Cinebench, and it stays below 70C during Geekbench (as reported by HWMonitor, at least). The main OC settings are Vcore at 1.375V (I guess I didn't exactly win the "silicon lottery" as they say). I had to enter the RAM settings in manually with no XMP because I think the profile was doing some odd stuff in the background with this motherboard which was causing instability.

I will write up all of the BIOS settings that I changed, I tried many things and most things failed stability tests. The temps are a bit high. Geekbench is showing 5% faster single core performance and 17% faster multicore, which will be helpful given that I use this machine mainly for multicore rendering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back