Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you update the clover driver package, or reinstall it manually the .pkg file you can choose drivers and when you scroll down you can choose the rc scripts. When using emuvariable uefi you have to use the rc scripts. And check out other options with it like osxaptio3 as an example...

I feel like an idiot – just discovered the custom install button :banghead: Thanks, I'll try that today…

And when you seriously want to overclock the 9900K, I would recommend some videos of der8auer on youtube. Professional German overclocker. He did a video of overclocking 9900K and as well another one of the Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 with the 8700K where he mentioned the point as well with its important to disable multicore enhancement. I would recommend as well to disable CPU pll over voltage...

Yes, I know der8bauer and his videos, he's a fellow German. I'll see if I find the time in my lunch break to watch his video. (Edit: I noticed that my post is awaiting moderation when I include the YouTube link. I believe the video you're referring to is from der8auer and titled "Is GIGABYTE really THIS bad?".)

@blouse have been painstakingly getting this board to work. When I get home I’ll upload and send you the working audio kexts. They’re descriptors AppleALC and has all ports working.

Amazing work! Even though I don't have any use for the audio ports right now, I'll include it in my build later – just to have everything working :)

SMc helper and APTIOmemoryfix. The guides say different they are dirty liars. 3 days / or some 30 hrs to realize the old ways are the best ways.

Can you elaborate on this? Should I use these two kexts or not?

The main reason to use emuvariable uefi or not with RC scripts is to get a working NVRAM. Not always aptiomemoryfix is doing the job 100%. So when NVRAM not working every time worth to try emuvariableuefi, it‘s a method to support NVRAM on boards who don't have a writable NVRAM configured from the board manufacturer via BIOS.

I tried using EmuVariableUefi-64 and the RC scripts first with Clover r4674, and, then after updating Clover to r4784 again. Both times macOS refused to boot with "Couldn't allocate runtime area". When I remove the kext it boots fine again. Are there other kexts incompatible with EmuVariableUefi-64 that should be removed, older additional kexts that make macOS boot up again?

@blouse is NVRAM working for you?

Interestingly, the reboot and shutdown problems seem to have gone away with Clover r4784, but when sleeping and waking up again the Hackintosh boots into Windows 10?! Edit: Switching the two M.2 drives in their slots solves this issue. Initially the upper / first drive was the Windows 10 installation, while the lower / second M.2 drive was macOS. I can report that sleep, restart and shutdown finally work :)

Attachments

• IMG_0888.jpeg
    IMG_0888.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
But with aptiomemory alone you will not get writable nvram, true? probably other clover settings needed...
Edit: I checked alot other threads seams there is an issue right now with aptio memory and emuvariable uefi. Others reporting as far as they use emuvariableuefi they get boot errors and black screens. Could be that emucariable or aptiomemory needs an update for Z390

Correct, AptioMemoryFix alone does not persist NVRAM variables, and with EmuVariableUefi macOS does not boot anymore. But if others also have this issue hopefully there will soon be an update for Z390…

@derJan no, NVRAM is not working for me. Although afaik I am not experiencing any issues without it.

You tried with emuvariableuefi and aptio3 or aptio 2 as an example? Aptiomemory is best to be used alone i guess...

I tried EmuVariableUefi with AptioMemoryFix and without it, instead using OsxAptioFixDrv-2 and 3 – none of them booted. Only with AptioMemoryFix and without EmuVariableUefi macOS can boot. I also tried to enable "Above 4G decoding" in the BIOS as mentioned in another thread, but this did not change anything.

@derJan no, NVRAM is not working for me. Although afaik I am not experiencing any issues without it.

Thanks for the reply, I went ahead and got iMessage, App Store and iTunes with Apple Music working, even without NVRAM, and with reboots in between. Don't know if there are any issues down the line, but for now I'm glad everything seems work.

@derJan yo that's good to hear.

@martonfred amazing numbers! Care to share temps/vcore/Intel power settings/cooling method? How is stability?

Amazing work! Even though I don't have any use for the audio ports right now, I'll include it in my build later – just to have everything working :)

Can you elaborate on this? Should I use these two kexts or not?

FAKESMC + SMCHelper seem to cause KP. T

This is my Kexts --> Other folder:
AppleALC.kext <-- Rescripted I posted (assign -> 16. Kinda works with 1 and 3 but 16 gives Digital Audio)
Lilu.kext
SMCSuperIO.kext
SMCProcessor.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
CodecCommander.kext

this is my drivers64UEFI folder:
(only have a driver64UEFI folder - you're not booting legacy and don't need the DriverBios64 - AT ALL)

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi <- 30 seconds away from testing. If I log back on quickly after posting this it didn't screw things up.
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
HFSPlus-64.efi
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
PartitionDxe-64.efi

APCI : darkwake=8 dart=0 -gux_defer_usb2 keepsyms=1

Boot : fixShutdown, FixHDA, Automerge

Devices : InjectUSB AddClockID FixOwnership

AppleRTC, KernelPM

Config : CSRActiveConfig: 0x07F or 0x067

Using MacPro6,1 for now... the SSDT I have WORKS (holy s*** I know) and rather than bother with figuring out how to do the damned deconstructing of an iMac18,3's IOPowerManagement.kext I just used the parts of a DSDT from the macpro... It's not ideal lemme tell ya. 2oC hotter and 5-10% slower, but it works. AND my iogear 4.0BT usb dongle works again. So, there's that...

I am also discovering that (apparently) OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi may help with faster startups and shutdown / fix sleep/wake. The different APTIO fixes for memory (AptioMemoryFix-64, drv3, drv2, free2000) basically tell the boot process how to allocate memory based on the processes that need to be done. the free2000 and MemoryFix-64 do it differently. free2000 seems to be for x99 chips whereas MemoryFix-64 is essentially an optimized and stripped down version of Drv3 for better compatibility... In theory. Some of these drivers are not compatible with other drivers and kexts - things like EmuVariableUEFI.efi causing issues on some systems with OSXAptioFixDrv series (the original one) or VirtualSMC.efi not working with FakeSMC.Kext for instance...

YOU SHOULD NEVER BE MIXING THESE APTIO memory fixes TOGETHER. EVER. Unless someone can prove me wrong. Hell I welcome it because learning to get better is awesome. You only need ONE at a time installed in Drivers64UEFI as it could mix up how your system tells the memory to store information and you'll get allocation errors. Which means your memory takes a look at what it's booting, and instead of sorting it neatly onto the shelf it shits itself before wiping its butt with the data and stuffing the pockets of your sports coat you left on a chair the kitchen. Then drools while choking on it's own spittle. You will also get this with BIOS -> CSM DISABLED. DO NOT DISABLE CSM. Anyone tells you to do it they are dumb or crazy or running one monitor and do not care about compatibility. I run 4 monitors off of a GTX1070 - compatibility counts.

But I digress...

Basic rule of thumb that works 8/10 times, depending on your build and mainboard: Generally you try one and if it doesn't work add EMU or roll back one step up and try with EMU. They are top to bottom in order of release and instruction set.

- Oldest - OSXAptioFixDrv-64.efi + EmuVariableUEFI.efi + SMCHelper + FakeSMC.kext
- Older - OSXAptioFixDrv2-64.efi + EmuVariableUEFI.efi + SMCHelper + FakeSMC.kext
- Not too old - OSXAptioFixDrv3-64.efi + EmuVariableUEFI.efi + SMCHelper + FakeSMC.kext
- New Hotness -AptioMemoryFix-64.efi + VirtualSMC.kext...
--> [ + EmuVariableUEFI.efi if problems. if not roll back one up or try with VirtualSMC.efi ]
- New Hotness's Kinky older Cousin - OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi <--- Haven't tested this yet
https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/

EDIT:
OS X 10.11.3 and earlier

https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/
  1. Upgrade Clover to at least version r3354.
  2. Install OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in your /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI folder. Remove any other OsxAptioFix files.
  3. Download and place Test2.efi alongside OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in your /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI folder.
  4. Restart and try.

Last edited:
It would be great to be able to see more data on the processor for overclocking and testing within macOS and the various settings/SMBIOS... i.e. vcore, per proc frequency, fan speeds. I guess that would be about it. I am using FakeSMC + Rehabman's FakeSMC_GPUSensors + FakeSMC_LPCSensors but they don't appear to be working.

Currently for me:

SMBIOS is MacMini8,1

Kext folder looks like:
  • AppleALC (provided by DenOfLore)
  • AtherosE2200Ethernet (probably taking up space?)
  • IntelMausiEthernet
  • FakeSMC
  • FakeSMC_GPUSensors (not really doing anything)
  • FakeSMC_LPCSensors (not really doing anything)
  • Lilu
  • RealtekRTL8111 (probably taking up space?)
  • VegaTab_64
  • WhateverGreen

drivers64UEFI looks like:
  • ApfsDriverLoader-64
  • AppleImageCodec-64
  • AppleKeyAggregator-64
  • AppleKeyFeeder-64
  • AppleUITheme-64
  • AptioMemoryFix-64
  • DataHubDxe-64
  • FirmwareVolume-64
  • FSInject-64