Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

If you have the same card, delete FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/. And try WiFi again.

You can check what kexts are injected in kextcache_raw.txt.

Did you enable iGPU in BIOS?

Did all of your suggestions, and it seems, iGPU in BIOS was set as "Auto". I have set it to Enabled and now I get full HW acceleration. Thanks! All working now. Will confirm KB/mouse in Clover after cold reboot + sleep now But so far so good!

EDIT: Changed the FakeSMC + sensors to your kexts, but I lost AMD GPU fan speed readings :/

Changed the FakeSMC + sensors to your kexts, but I lost AMD GPU fan speed readings :/

As I understood from my research, you need RadeonMonitor.kext, ACPIMonitor.kext and some custom DSDT settings for AMD sensors. Maybe some modified FakeSMC.kext.

To be honest, fan speed doesn't worth two kexts and custom DSDT :) Maybe I will try some configs, but not now.

In case you want to try yourself https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors3.hwsensors.p/

Last edited:
Hi

Wondering if you can help.

My build is similar to yours but I have one with on board graphics and other with Sapphire Pulse RX580 - these are 2 brand new computers.

I built the setup USB however not able to get 10.14.0 its built using 10.14.1 - used your EFI folder from github.

System boots from Installer USB but then gets stuck with message HID: Legacy Shim 2

See attached image - hoping you can help fix this! This is my first hackintosh build.

HIDLegacyShim2.jpg

Edit: I am reading on various forums that I need to use a USB2 Installer USB ? Won't USB3 Installer USB work?

Last edited:
ok - just an update. I managed to go past the HID: Legacy Shim 2 error by using a USB2 Installer USB

However now after the apple logo the screen just goes black. Screen is connected to DP Port on the RX580

In BIOS - I have set
Peripherals -> Initial Display Output = PCI-E
Chipset -> Integrated Graphics = Enabled
Chipset -> DVMT Pre-Allocated = 128M

Using your standard EFI folder - didn't make any changes to it. During install do I need to move all the kext files from "Kexts for LE" to "EFI > Clover > Kexts" ?

Hoping you or someone can help! Below is the last bit of the screenshot before the screen just goes black. I enabled Verbose (-f) in Boot

UnsupportedPCH.jpeg

Last edited:
Using your standard EFI folder - didn't make any changes to it. During install do I need to move all the kext files from "Kexts for LE" to "EFI > Clover > Kexts" ?

Hi! Yes, you need to make some modifications in EFI for a boot drive.

1. Copy kexts from Kexts to LE to EFI → Clover → Kexts → Other (your USB3 should work after this);
  2. config.plist → System Parameters → Inject Kexts = Inject;
  3. Remove all boot options from config.plist → GUI → Custom Entries;
  4. Set config.plist → BOOT → Default Boot Volume → LastBootedVolume.

For other system with iGPU you need to make a few additional steps.

After installation proses you can use my EFI folder (without boot options), but don't forget to copy kexts to L/E/.

Hi! Yes, you need to make some modifications in EFI for a boot drive.

1. Copy kexts from Kexts to LE to EFI → Clover → Kexts → Other (your USB3 should work after this);
  2. config.plist → System Parameters → Inject Kexts = Inject;
  3. Remove all boot options from config.plist → GUI → Custom Entries;
  4. Set config.plist → BOOT → Default Boot Volume → LastBootedVolume.

For other system with iGPU you need to make a few additional steps.

After installation proses you can use my EFI folder (without boot options), but don't forget to copy kexts to L/E/.

Thank you - just finished the install! Is there a post install checklist I should go through to make sure I did everything correctly?

I am waiting on the NGFF adaptor to do the mod. Apart from that have 2 x monitors working + Sound and everything so far seems to work!

Thank you - just finished the install! Is there a post install checklist I should go through to make sure I did everything correctly?

I am waiting on the NGFF adaptor to do the mod. Apart from that have 2 x monitors working + Sound and everything so far seems to work!

Great!

Install and run this script. Then post zip file here.
https://github.com/corpnewt/EssentialsList

Great!

Install and run this script. Then post zip file here.
https://github.com/corpnewt/EssentialsList

When I do that I get the following:
#######################################################
# Gathering Info #
#######################################################

EFI failed to mount - skipping...
Unmounting EFI partition...
No CLOVER installs found!
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Back