CPU
i7-3930K
Graphics
HD 7970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have successfully installed Mavericks on a separate SSD in my PC.

I am currently dual booting Windows 7 and OS X.

As I have the time I will add to this post in order to share the information pertaining to the successful installation.

This is not a finished project yet as I still need to pursue actions to streamline the boot process as well as acquiring audio on Mavericks. As I result I am diligently reading information that exists on this site as well as other sources.

I would like to sincerely express my appreciation for all of those on this site who have contributed to the content contained herein.

*Update*
Audio issue is resolved. the boot flag npci=0x3000 breaks audio. Use npci=0x2000 instead when booting into OS X.
I had to use npci=0x3000 to get into the installer.

Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 6.13.52 PM_Modified.jpg
Above is a screen shot of My MAC Desktop::lol:
This guide is intended to assist those who wish to Dual Boot Windows 7 or 8 and OS X Mavericks on a PC and specifically an i7 3930k Processor installed on an ASUS X79 Sabertooth motherboard with an AMD Radeon HD 7970 graphics card and do not have access to a Mac.
To begin follow instructions here: Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide
I would recommend printing out the iBoot Guide.
The above instructions will enable you to install OS X Snow Leopard
on a Separate (Recommended but not necessary) SSD or HDD.

Here is a list of boot flags that can be used to effectively install and boot into
Snow Leopard as well as Mavericks Installer and ultimately, if necessary into your new Hackintosh!

I found the information contained in this attached View attachment List_of_Boot_Flags.pdf extremely informative and ultimately very necessary to complete my project

I successfully used –v -f GraphicsEnabler=No to enter the installer. You may have a different experience than I that is why I included the information pertaining to the different boot flags. In order to boot into OS X Snow Leopard I used the boot flags: -v GraphicsEnabler=0

After you have successfully upgraded to OS X 10.6.8 you will be able to access Mavericks 10.9.1 through the App Store.

The next step is to make a bootable USB thumb drive (8GB) and follow the guide entitled: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC.
I would recommend printing this guide out as well for continued reference during the process.

In order to enter the installer for this particular build you will need to use the boot flags: -v -x npci=0x3000
GraphicsEnabler=NO
Once you have successfully installed Mavericks and properly configured the post installation utility Multi Beast the only boot flag that will be necessary for you to use is npci=0x2000. This can be added to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist.
Which resides in the Extra folder at the root of the Mavericks drive. It will look like this after modifying:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
In order to boot off of this particular Graphics Card (AMD Radeon HD 7970) it is necessary to maintain the USB thumb drive plugged into a USB 3.0 port on the computer. Actually, in order to successfully install Mavericks (on this build) it is also necessary to use a USB 3.0 port as well.

This linked video is also relevant to this particular build.
Bride of Frankenmac.

Thanks for the tutorial,,,,it's gonna be very helpful.

I will be doing this on a fresh hard drive by first installing Snow Loepoard and then updating to Maverick. I will be following this tutorial
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/...c-os-x-on.html and this this tutorial http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibea...-based-pc.html

Just a few questions though.

1. In regards to changing the BIOS to reflect what is written in this thread. Is that just so we can get OS X to install and then we can change the BIOS back to the way we had it originally or does it have to stay the new way?

2. Since our processor is actually a Sandy Bridge-E. Do we have to follow this step? Did you do this? The guide says to do it for Sandy Bridge socket 1156 while the Sabertooth X79 is LGA2011.
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/...e-to-1068.html

3. I'm going to do a dual boot, Windows 8.1 and Maverick, what drive should be your boot drive? The Windows 8 drive or the Maverick drive?

4. Have you updated to 10.9.4? Is there anything special to do to get that to work?

Thanks,
Chris

Could you please make a video. It would be so helpful. I have the exact same components as you but am having a lot of difficulty with my build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back