Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Any news about Sonoma?

Since the 10900K machine is now my son's, I'm not going to be actively updating the EFI. With that said, I'd highly recommend OCAT, it does the whole thing for you, and does a great job. Takes a bit to learn, but it's worth it. (Mainly steps 3 and 4 in this guide)

Since the 10900K machine is now my son's, I'm not going to be actively updating the EFI. With that said, I'd highly recommend OCAT, it does the whole thing for you, and does a great job. Takes a bit to learn, but it's worth it. (Mainly steps 3 and 4 in this guide)
I have updated the EFI with the OCAT, it was super fast and easy, thank you very much. I am trying a fresh install of Sonoma from the USB. I will report back.

I have updated the EFI with the OCAT, it was super fast and easy, thank you very much. I am trying a fresh install of Sonoma from the USB. I will report back.

If you want to take over, and post your updated EFI's like I was, let me know, I can always link them in the first post. (Just remember to change your personal stuff to "ChangeMe" or something similar before uploading... serial, MLB, UUID, etc.)

I have prepared the USB installer, updated everything but the installation is not seen, the USB stick with the installer does not appear at boot. Solutions?

I have prepared the USB installer, updated everything but the installation is not seen, the USB stick with the installer does not appear at boot. Solutions?

The main thing I'd suggest is trying different USB ports, definitely want to be in one of the "mapped" ones.

EDIT: Also check the Scan Policy in the EFI:

1697134998039.png

The main thing I'd suggest is trying different USB ports, definitely want to be in one of the "mapped" ones.

EDIT: Also check the Scan Policy in the EFI:

View attachment 572877
I tried both solutions but without success unfortunately. Very strange! Something else?

I also made again the installer.

Alright dear people, attached you will find the latest EFI updated to 0.9.5 Sonoma friendly with WLAN. Yep, you understood correctly: with this EFI I installed Sonoma from the USB fresh and the kext for WLAN (itlwm.kext) is already there. For WLAN only the client has to be downloaded and opened: https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/HeliPort

I did not know that my Fenvi card was not working. Therefore, I had to swerve and luckily I remembered that the WLAN from the Z490 was compatible.

You can actually do the update yourself from now on. It's very easy, everything is here: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little...ng-opencore-files-drivers-kexts-and-resources

Of course, this EFI is based on the magnifique EFI of scope666. Without him, none of this would have been possible. He is simply a great one. Honestly: MANY THANKS!

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2023-10-13 um 08.45.03.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-10-13 um 08.45.03.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 54
  • EFI 0.9.5 Sonoma.zip
    25.5 MB · Views: 124
Last edited:
@hemon How did you end up fixing the installer not seeing your USB?

@hemon How did you end up fixing the installer not seeing your USB?
Honestly, no idea! I just re-downloaded your last EFI (0.9.2), changed it with my personal information and updated it with OCAT. After that it worked immediately. This was my last option since before that nothing worked.

So far Sonoma is fully stable as usual.

Back