Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

I just tried a clean install of Windows again, this time leaving the Ventura SSD plugged in. The installer did not create an EFI partition on the HD Windows, but created a Microsoft folder in the EFI Ventura. Still the same, Windows boots from the BIOS but not from OpenCore: blue screen!

My understanding is that Apple Music Lossless doesn't work because of the DRM. Can you please confirm that this is the case and that there is no workaround?

My understanding is that Apple Music Lossless doesn't work because of the DRM. Can you please confirm that this is the case and that there is no workaround?

Unfortunately you can't play DRM content using the onboard iGPU, you need a dedicated AMD graphics card for that. There's a nice write up on Z390 system here that explains what and why.

So I did a thing today, thought I would share. My son's almost 10 year old Corsair H100i finally bit the dust (pump dying, not complaining, it lasted a LONG time) So I thought to myself, "Self, if you ever wanted to upgrade the cooler, now's the chance" So I gave him my H115i which is still working great, and got myself the EK Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB AIO. (Say that 3 times fast)

The kicker is my case does NOT support a 360 rad on top, BUT... I found a bracket on Thingiverse that I 3D printed and managed to get it to fit. It was NOT easy!!!

IMG_0760.png

IMG_0762.png

Hello everyone, I finally got it working properly.
I used EFI 0-9 from scope666, and just replaced igfxonln=1 with agdpmod=pikera, to get the RX 5700 XT graphics card working.
I used the static input for the windows SSD, it works.
I used AirportItlwm version 2.2.0 alpha provided by Leesureone at #1,273, it works fine.
What doesn't work:
No BlueTooth.
No wake from sleep on keyboard or mouse, have to use the power button.

As a reminder, I'm using an Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming, an i9-10850K CPU, a Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card and 32GB of Ballistix ram. I am attaching a copy of the EFI that works for me, if that helps anyone.

Again, thanks to everyone who helped me.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Attachments

• EFIVentutest.zip
    25.6 MB · Views: 50
Hello everyone, I finally got it working properly.
I used EFI 0-9 from scope666, and just replaced igfxonln=1 with agdpmod=pikera, to get the RX 5700 XT graphics card working.
I used the static input for the windows SSD, it works.
I used AirportItlwm version 2.2.0 alpha provided by Leesureone at #1,273, it works fine.
What doesn't work:
No BlueTooth.
No wake from sleep on keyboard or mouse, have to use the power button.

As a reminder, I'm using an Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming, an i9-10850K CPU, a Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card and 32GB of Ballistix ram. I am attaching a copy of the EFI that works for me, if that helps anyone.

Again, thanks to everyone who helped me.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Glad to hear you got it (mostly) working! The no wake from sleep from keyboard / mouse is a known issue, you can try removing SSDT-GPRW.aml and the matching PATCH under ACPI to see if it helps. Also look for any "wake from USB" settings in the BIOS / UEFI.

And so that you can see what your help was used for, I put you some pictures of my mod.
Photo 1: It's a G5 case that I transformed to accommodate an ATX card.
Photo 2: At the top left, we see the two SSDs, Ventura and Win10, below an HD Mac for documents, and a Win7 for old games.
Bottom right, an HD for Time Machine and an HD in NTFS for Windows backups.
Photo 3: I cut the back to fit a PC bay taken from an old ATX case.

Attachments

• Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Photo2.jpg
    Photo2.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Photo3.jpg
    Photo3.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 52
My latest EFI is already setup for Ventura, you just need to enable VT-d in the BIOS.

1. BIOS Setup --> VT-d --> Enabled
Hi Scope666, I have checked your EFI and found that your EFI consists of SSDT-I225V and AppleIntel210Ethernet kext. However, you have not added them to your config. plist. Does this mean in order to enable Ethernet on MacOs Ventura 13, we just need to enable vt-d in Bios and don't need to do anything else?

Hi Scope666, I have checked your EFI and found that your EFI consists of SSDT-I225V and AppleIntel210Ethernet kext. However, you have not added them to your config. plist. Does this mean in order to enable Ethernet on MacOs Ventura 13, we just need to enable vt-d in Bios and don't need to do anything else?

Oh wow, I probably forgot to clean out that folder. Yeah if they're not enabled in the config.plist you can delete them. I'll delete them from my EFI folder now so that doesn't happen going forward.

So yes, all you need is VT-d enabled in your UEFI.

Well, it's that time of the month again... ;)

As usual let me know how it works for you.

boot.png

kexts.png

ocv.png

EDIT: Added to first post.

Last edited:
Back