Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

My latest EFI is already setup for Ventura, you just need to enable VT-d in the BIOS.

1. BIOS Setup --> VT-d --> Enabled
Hi Scope666,
Thank you.
Do I need to remove e.1000 in boot arg?
Also do you think macos 13 is stable and worth updating now?

Hi Scope666,
Thank you.
Do I need to remove e.1000 in boot arg?
Also do you think macos 13 is stable and worth updating now?

If you're using my latest EFI, I already have the bootarg removed. 13.3 seems pretty stable to me, I would only upgrade if there's new features in Ventura that you want to use.

Good evening, everything works fine (except of course the Bluetooth), but my new challenge is to get Win10/Ventura dual boot. I have a Ventura SSD and a Win10 SSD, both are detected on boot. OpenCore is on the Ventura disk. I can't boot Windows from OpenCore while it boots fine from Asus BIOS. I followed the procedure indicated in the link given by scope666 at #1,239, but that didn't fix anything: it made me appear a second Windows icon which does not start any better than the other. I get a blue screen with the error "ACPI BIOS ERROR" which attempts a repair without success.

Is it normal that Apple Music Lossless does not work? It only "works" once I turn off this option. This is so frustrating! :banghead:

Good evening, everything works fine (except of course the Bluetooth), but my new challenge is to get Win10/Ventura dual boot. I have a Ventura SSD and a Win10 SSD, both are detected on boot. OpenCore is on the Ventura disk. I can't boot Windows from OpenCore while it boots fine from Asus BIOS. I followed the procedure indicated in the link given by scope666 at #1,239, but that didn't fix anything: it made me appear a second Windows icon which does not start any better than the other. I get a blue screen with the error "ACPI BIOS ERROR" which attempts a repair without success.

If you follow that guide to the letter, you should be REPLACING the values that I have in the EFI, so you end up with just one Window 11 entry. I believe I already have the options required to properly boot Windows, as that's how I boot it.

If you follow that guide to the letter, you should be REPLACING the values that I have in the EFI, so you end up with just one Window 11 entry. I believe I already have the options required to properly boot Windows, as that's how I boot it.
I use Leesureone's EFI. Can I try to recover the entry on yours and exchange?

I use Leesureone's EFI. Can I try to recover the entry on yours and exchange?
You could try it using a usb flash drive, it’s possible it might work but if the location of the windows boot files vary it would likely give you the same error. Reinstalling windows with the OSX drive in place can also work.

Hello everyone, I did some tests, and I did not solve the dual boot problem. I always get the nice Windows blue screen:

(IMG1)

Sans avoir crée aucune entrée, le SSD Windows est détecté, et l’cône apparait au démarrage.
<key>Entries</key>
<array/>

(IMG2)

After creating an entry following the procedure indicated by the scope666 link, I get two Windows icons:
<key>Entries</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string></string>
<key>Auxiliary</key>
<false/>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Windows 10</string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>Windows</string>
<key>Flavour</key>
<string>Windows10:Windows</string>
<key>Path</key>
<string>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x17,0x0)/Sata(0x5,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(2,GPT,E1F059A6-3260-4646-BD7D-E74504187EB3,0x109000,0x32000)/\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string>
<key>TextMode</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</array>

(IMG3)

After copying, editing and pasting the EFI 0.9.1 entry from scope666, I get two icons, but the second one is generic (no longer has the Windows squares):
<array>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string></string>
<key>Auxiliary</key>
<false/>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Not signed for security reasons</string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Flavour</key>
<string>Auto</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>Win10</string>
<key>Path</key>
<string>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x17,0x0)/Sata(0x5,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(2,GPT,E1F059A6-3260-4646-BD7D-E74504187EB3,0x109000,0x32000)/\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string>
<key>TextMode</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</array>

(IMG4)

I tried to connect the SSD to USB, it is detected, but does not start better.

(IMG5)

I did a "clean install" of Windows on a blank disc, it doesn't boot any better.

If I unplug the SSD, I still have the icon on startup corresponding to the entry I created. If I delete this entry, the icon disappears.
On the other hand, the SSD is detected if I plug it in, we return to image 2.

I have the impression that there is in the EFI-2-2 of Leesureone (which I use) a dynamic entry which detects HD in SATA as well as in USB. I couldn't find where it was (maybe in an SSDT, but I don't know anything about it!). There is no need to tell it the path to the disk, since it is trying to boot it.

My problem therefore probably does not come from the Entry, but rather from the boot windows itself, which is in error when I try to launch it from OpenCore. Maybe there are windows drivers that are inhibited by OpenCore?

Attachments

• IMG1.jpg
    IMG1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG2.jpg
    IMG2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG3.jpg
    IMG3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG4.jpg
    IMG4.jpg