Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

@Leesureone some last questions in the config.plist I like to remove the "-v" for startup but it is in two places under NVRAM under boot-args, should I remove it from both places? secondly there are a lot of icons during startup next to the startup volume, I think all what is under "tools" how can I hide these *.efi items? Thanks a lot!
only remove it from the "Add" section

@Leesureone some last questions in the config.plist I like to remove the "-v" for startup but it is in two places under NVRAM under boot-args, should I remove it from both places? secondly there are a lot of icons during startup next to the startup volume, I think all what is under "tools" how can I hide these *.efi items? Thanks a lot!
As @Feartech states the "Verbose" (-v) boot argument is under NVRAM/Add of the config.plist. See the attachment.

I haven't tried this next option myself but to hide all boot options expect for your installed operating systems try changing the Misc/Boot/ Hide Auxiliary setting to "yes" or "true" also in the config.plist. Others have reported needing to change other settings there as well but it makes sense to try the simplest thing first.

Otherwise how is your system performing?

Attachments

• NVRAM: ADD.png
    NVRAM: ADD.png
    268 KB · Views: 46
  • Hide Auxilary.png
    Hide Auxilary.png
    284.7 KB · Views: 53
As @Feartech states the "Verbose" (-v) boot argument is under NVRAM/Add of the config.plist. See the attachment.

I haven't tried this next option myself but to hide all boot options expect for your installed operating systems try changing the Misc/Boot/ Hide Auxiliary setting to "yes" or "true" also in the config.plist. Others have reported needing to change other settings there as well but it makes sense to try the simplest thing first.

also ScanPolicy settings as well :)

also ScanPolicy settings as well :)
Thanks, read that too. I just changed only the "Hide Auxiliary" setting on my notebook and now all it shows is Windows and OSXI. This is what I think you mean.

Misc>Security>ScanPolicy to 000F0903 in hex which ends up being 985347 in decimal

That right?

Thanks, read that too. I just changed only the "Hide Auxiliary" setting on my notebook and now all it shows is Windows and OSXI. This is what I think you mean.

Misc>Security>ScanPolicy to 000F0903 in hex which ends up being 985347 in decimal

That right?
I don't dual boot so mine is kept at 0 which just shows macOS and Recovery on my setup

there is a calculator you can use to set this up as needs be though, not really looked into it myself though

Removed the -v and in tools removed as well some files and set them to false in the config.
System runs very well so far everything is working fine!

Hi scope666, EFI version 0.6.4 and EFI 0.6.5 Audio Digital Out don't work, but EFI version 0.6.1 still works normally.

Thanks scope666!

I made a clone of my boot volume to an internal SSD via CCC, unfortunately the clone SSD has the same name "macOS Big Sur" as the original one but not the name I set in disk utilities "macOS Big Sur backup". How is it possible to set a different name and/or icon? Any help or information would be perfect...! Thanks

Back