Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

OK, here's an updated build of 0.6.5 with your HDMI Audio fix cooked in, let me know if everything looks correct / works OK for you.

If good it will stay incorporated going forward.

It works, thank you again!

So I've been running Big Sur on my real Macbook Pro for a little while now, and I gotta say, so far I'm not a big fan, that's part of why I haven't done anything special to this EFI for it. The way Apple implemented the new notifications to me is a step backwards in terms of usability. Snoozing or "completing" a notification is much more clunky in Big Sur. Again just my opinion.
I must admit I'm not the biggest fan of the UI changes. I shut off all notifications and gimmicks anyway, cause I don't like distractions. I just want a as-clean-as possible and stable install as a basis for a CCC image to make new bootable copies. That allows me to keep my working install free from the Adobe-CC-malware :|. Big Sur is 1 step further in protecting the system partition and I guess it will have/get the best support for the hardware generation of my hackintosh (Z490, 10900k, rx5700xt etc.) because of the 2020 imacs. In Geekbench the performance is also good. So for this new hackintosh Big Sur it is :). (But in the old macmini migration in VMware it's still Catalina, because of clunky Big Sur performance).

I have yet to conquer that one, would love to though if we can all pitch in. IIRC the SSDT-AWAC.aml file if removed makes that work, but at least on my rig, if I remove it I don't STAY asleep.
IMG_3581.jpg
IMG_3343.jpg
Bios ErP.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 12.36.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 12.36.13 AM.png

I fixed the sleep/wake part that works for me. I also added support for Big Sur and my AMD Radeon Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+ as a dedicated GPU.

Since the files I used are all the same as yours, I'm not uploading my entire EFI but instead just uploading the config.plist at the bottom of this post (for others that may want to use your config like my setup).

The following changes were made:

Changed boot args to: agdpmod=pikera debug=0x100 keepsyms=1
(agdpmod=pikera required for 5700 XT video card)

To enable DGPU, change AAPL,ig-platform-id to: 0300C89B
(This forces the IGPU as support and DGPU as main display)

For DGPU, deleted block PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
(Removed dgpu block per your notes)

Change audio layout id from 11 to 7 to enable optical audio out
(Enabled Digital Optical Audio/TosLink Cable )

For Big Sur changed NVRAM “csr-active-config” to: FF0F0000
(per Opencore Guide known issue to properly disable SIP )

Disable ACPI SSDT-GPRW.aml

Disable ACPI patch GPRW to XPRW
(Per Opencore: [pmset -g log | grep -e "Sleep.*due to" -e "Wake.*due to"] didn't return required info so I disabled these two. Later I just disabled the patch only and enabled the SSDT and the sleep/wake still worked.)

Finally, @scope666 (&others) you may want to check your bios settings and change Bios/Advance/APM Configuration/ErP Ready to: Enable (S4+S5) to prevent USB from immediately waking up and this allows it to actually sleep :) so - All works now to include Sleep, Wake, Reboot, Shutdown!

P.S: The case is the: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Tempered Glass eATX Full Tower Computer Case with the Corsair H150i XT Pro RGB AIO 360mm Radiator configured and then unplugged to run automatically... :)

Lastly, I have a 4K Monitor with Retina Display enabled - see last pic - love it :) . I verified Retina enabled via this link: https://hipp.design/is-my-screen-retina-test/

If anybody would like for me to update this and add my config/EFI files, just let me know and I will...

Enjoy!

Attachments

• config.plist
    28.1 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
View attachment 504809View attachment 504811View attachment 504812View attachment 504848View attachment 504849
I fixed the sleep/wake part that works for me. I also added support for Big Sur and my AMD Radeon Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+ as a dedicated GPU.

Since the files I used are all the same as yours, I'm not uploading my entire EFI but instead just uploading the config.plist at the bottom of this post (for others that may want to use your config like my setup).

The following changes were made:

Changed boot args to: agdpmod=pikera debug=0x100 keepsyms=1
(agdpmod=pikera required for 5700 XT video card)

To enable DGPU, change AAPL,ig-platform-id to: 0300C89B
(This forces the IGPU as support and DGPU as main display)

For DGPU, deleted block PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
(Removed dgpu block per your notes)

Change audio layout id from 11 to 7 to enable optical audio out
(Enabled Digital Optical Audio/TosLink Cable )

For Big Sur changed NVRAM “cur-active-config” to: FF0F0000
(per Opencore Guide)

(Per Opencore: [pmset -g log | grep -e "Sleep.*due to" -e "Wake.*due to"] didn't return required info so I disabled these two. Later I just disabled the patch only and enabled the SSDT and the sleep/wake still worked.)

Finally, @scope666 (&others) you may want to check your bios settings and change Bios/Advance/APM Configuration/ErP Ready to: Enable (S4+S5) to prevent USB from immediately waking up and this allows it to actually sleep :) so - All works now to include Sleep, Wake, Reboot, Shutdown!

P.S: The case is the: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Tempered Glass eATX Full Tower Computer Case with the Corsair H150i XT Pro RGB AIO 360mm Radiator configured and then unplugged to run automatically... :)

Lastly, I have a a 4K Monitor with Retina Display enabled - see last pic - love it :) . I verified Retina enabled via this link: https://hipp.design/is-my-screen-retina-test/

If anybody would like for me to update this and add my config/EFI files, just let me know and I will...

Enjoy!

I'll do a diff against mine and test folding in your changes that aren't specific to your 5700 XT. Perhaps they will help sleep with Catalina also.

Thanks for sharing!!!

I'll do a diff against mine and test folding in your changes that aren't specific to your 5700 XT. Perhaps they will help sleep with Catalina also.

Thanks for sharing!!!
Pls do - sleep/wake should work fine w/Catalina - pls let me know :)

Just curious what this setting does, searched through the Dortania install guide for Comet Lake, checked File Vault settings and Sleep trouble shooting comments but couldn’t find mention of it.
“For Big Sur changed NVRAM “cur-active-config” to: FF0F0000
(per Opencore Guide)”

I fixed sleep on my rig back a few months just by doing this:

Just curious what this setting does, searched through the Dortania install guide for Comet Lake, checked File Vault settings and Sleep trouble shooting comments but couldn’t find mention of it.
“For Big Sur changed NVRAM “cur-active-config” to: FF0F0000
(per Opencore Guide)”

I fixed sleep on my rig back a few months just by doing this:
Good catch - typo - should be "csr-active-config" - I've corrected it. Found it in open core known issues extra bit about SIP. might not be needed.

This is the link I found it at:

Further looking around has the following options:

Maybe I should enable it and set it to 00000000 and completely enabled SIP (0x0) or is this not relevant?
Since scope666 had it set with value of E7030000, I just change it to the value for Big sur.
What do you have yours set at?

Last edited:
Good catch - typo - should be "csr-active-config" - I've corrected it. Found it in open core known issues extra bit about SIP. might not be needed.

This is the link I found it at:

Further looking around has the following options:

Maybe I should enable it and set it to 00000000 and completely enabled SIP (0x0) or is this not relevant?
Since scope666 had it set with value of E7030000, I just change it to the value for Big sur.
What do you have yours set at?
The default setting which is what you are suggesting, if I remember correctly.

Ok, so I tried your relevant changes including the S4/S5 UEFI change, but sadly I can't stay asleep. Perhaps it's my keyboard or something: (Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 LP)

2021-01-13 13:04:43 -0500 Wake DarkWake to FullWake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to HID Activity Using AC (Charge:0%)

Ok, so I tried your relevant changes including the S4/S5 UEFI change, but sadly I can't stay asleep. Perhaps it's my keyboard or something: (Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 LP)

2021-01-13 13:04:43 -0500 Wake DarkWake to FullWake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to HID Activity Using AC (Charge:0%)
Do you have an AIO cooler with a USB connected to a motherboard header?

Back