Contribute
Register

[Success] Asus P8Z77M-Pro i5 3.2 w/ nVidia GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Success] Asus P8Z77M-Pro i5 3.2 w/ nVidia GT 650Ti Boost

Just a quick update...

I've made a wrong turn somewhere and broke my Mavericks install after upgrading to 10.9.1. Decided to format my drive and reinstall Mavericks again after replacing my video card with an EVGA GTX650Ti Boost. Btw, I used the new MultiBeast 6.1 ... love this software, makes our hacks easier to manage! Am happy to report everything is working perfectly, used the same steps I've outlined.

Note: make sure you remember to edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist and added the lines below...

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>dart=0</string>

learned the hardway, installed Mavericks twice because i forgot those lines. hehe

[Success] Asus P8Z77M-Pro i5 3.2 w/ nVidia GTX 650Ti Boost

made some video bench mark test today so that i have a reference for future builds...

Luxmark-2.1-2014-02-04.pngCinebenchR15-020314.png

just updated to Mavericks 10.9.2 without issues. :thumbup:

lost the nVidia web drivers due to incompatibility, need to update the driver too but no time right now.

just updated to OSX Mavericks 10.9.3, used Multibeast 6.3.0 and updated to Nvidia web driver 334.01.01f01 successfully, no issues :thumbup:

Dude some has installed Mavericks 10.9 on my ASUS mother board (same one than you)

I just need to install the Audio driver because he forgot.

"Realtek ALC887 8-channel High definition Audio CODEC"

Could you post the link where I can download the driver plz

Sorry Bro, i just used the ALC892 driver from Multibeast (it's my native audio chipset). Also i had to re-purpose my mac drive, so i don't have OSX installed at this time, i am scheduled to get a 2tb drive next week so hopefully I can look into the audio issues... if i recall, last time i had OSX installed I ran into issues with the audio driver too but can't recall if I had the chance to fix it.

After having audio trouble with Mountain Lion, I followed this DSDT-free Mavericks guide and I finally got my sound card working immediately after using MultiBeast! A few days later, the sound stopped working(possibly after the system went to sleep for the first time) and never came back. I've reinstalled the MultiBeast driver and double checked that I still have HDAEnabler=Yes and HDEFLayoutID=01000000 but still no audio.

My Cinema Display speakers through USB have always worked with every ML and Mavericks install I've done, even after the audio card stopped working.

I noticed the Intel High Definition Audio's Audio ID is 0. Does that have anything to do with it?

sorry, never got to reply to your post. anyways, i have not really had the same issue on Mavericks, it was only during the updates that i broke my sound. i recently installed mavericks 10.9 just to download the latest Yosemite and it's the same success rate, clean install went smoothly.

I hope you got the issues resolved, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back