Contribute
Register

[Success]: ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 [Guide]

Did you find this guide to be helpful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
updated and works fine :)

btw no kernel panic for weeks after following your last recommendation :thumbup: :D

NICE!! Glad to know your system is running good following my methods :thumbup::headbang::mrgreen::cool:

I am using the correct version of my DSDT from the TonyMacX page. I am using the 2004 version of the DSDT for my motherboard. Any other suggestions?

I am using the correct version of my DSDT from the TonyMacX page. I am using the 2004 version of the DSDT for my motherboard. Any other suggestions?

OK i would advise trying this step again...after you place the DSDT file on the desktop (renamed to DSDT.aml) install it with Multibeast then fix permissions and rebuild cache with champlist being sure you select the correct drive in the upper right corner. Champlist may want to update or tell you that u dont have a bootloader installed upon first launch because the wrong drive may be selected. Chose not to install a bootloader if this comes up, then change to the correct drive. Afterwards do this...

Install AppleACPIPlatform kext I provided and rebuild cache (*Note* AppleACPIPlatform.kext is v1.3.6. The version contained in MultiBeast 5.0.2 is v1.5 which may also work yet I have not tried since I know v.1.3.6 works. This kext is needed or your system wont boot and will get stuck at the Grey Apple boot screen with no spinning dial. If you boot with verbose (-v) you will get stuck at “IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87”

Problems with Audio

Hello!

Thanks for a very good guide. Right now, i'm translate your guide to danish.
- I hope it's okay with your... You will get the credits for the good work!

But... I have some problems with my sound.

This is my setup:
• MOBO: ASUS P7P55D-E (NOT the LX version), Bios v.:1602 - Audio: VT1828S
• CPU: i7 860 8MB
• GPU: Sapphire RADEON HD 5850
• HDD: OCZ Vertex 4
• RAM: OCZ Extreme Edition 2 x 2 x 2 GB (8GB)

Basically most of the hardware works. My ethernet can be fixed with the RealtekR1000SL.kext.
- I have make my own DSDT.aml file...

I have follow your guide 3-4 timers, with a FULL FORMAT and clean install everytime - Just in case, if something was wrong.

But, i can't get it to work.

OS X can't find my sound device... At the last try, i skip your custom kext for the Voodoo, but it doesn't help anything.

Google can't help me - And i have looked at: http://www.osx86.net/view/3003-via_vt1828s_on_10.6-10.7-10.8.html and http://www.osx86.net/view/3003-via_vt1828s_on_10.6-10.7-10.8.html. But without any luck...

Do you have an idea of what the problem might can be?

It doesn't seems to your previously posts about audio kext works on my system...

Maybee you can help me out :)

Please fell free to make requests about any screenshots, logs and etc.

Best Regards
- Exetico from Denmark

Hello!

Thanks for a very good guide. Right now, i'm translate your guide to danish.
- I hope it's okay with your... You will get the credits for the good work!

But... I have some problems with my sound.

This is my setup:
• MOBO: ASUS P7P55D-E (NOT the LX version), Bios v.:1602 - Audio: VT1828S
• CPU: i7 860 8MB
• GPU: Sapphire RADEON HD 5850
• HDD: OCZ Vertex 4
• RAM: OCZ Extreme Edition 2 x 2 x 2 GB (8GB)

Basically most of the hardware works. My ethernet can be fixed with the RealtekR1000SL.kext.
- I have make my own DSDT.aml file...

I have follow your guide 3-4 timers, with a FULL FORMAT and clean install everytime - Just in case, if something was wrong.

But, i can't get it to work.

OS X can't find my sound device... At the last try, i skip your custom kext for the Voodoo, but it doesn't help anything.

Google can't help me - And i have looked at: http://www.osx86.net/view/3003-via_vt1828s_on_10.6-10.7-10.8.html and http://www.osx86.net/view/3003-via_vt1828s_on_10.6-10.7-10.8.html. But without any luck...

Do you have an idea of what the problem might can be?

It doesn't seems to your previously posts about audio kext works on my system...

Maybee you can help me out :)

Please fell free to make requests about any screenshots, logs and etc.

Best Regards
- Exetico from Denmark

I would have to say this has something to do with the DSDT file that you are using but I am not 100% sure since I do not have the same board. Have you updated to the latest BIOS version? How did you create your DSDT for your mobo, using Windows or Mac? Have you tried downloading a DSDT for your system from the tonymac DSDT database? I would give that a shot as well. Let me know how you make out.

Hello Guys,

I have a similar setup as OP, asus p7p55d-e lx mobo, core i5 750, nvidia geforce gt 240 graphics card. I used the DSDT on the tonymacx86 site as I have 1602 bios revision. But, each time after i install MultiBeast, i keep on getting the grey apple apple screen with no spinning wheel each time I reboot. Ive tried all possible flags including -x -v PCIRootUID=0. Here's a pic of the boot up screen. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20121226_160201.jpg
    20121226_160201.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 305
Hello Guys,

I have a similar setup as OP, asus p7p55d-e lx mobo, core i5 750, nvidia geforce gt 240 graphics card. I used the DSDT on the tonymacx86 site as I have 1602 bios revision. But, each time after i install MultiBeast, i keep on getting the grey apple apple screen with no spinning wheel each time I reboot. Ive tried all possible flags including -x -v PCIRootUID=0. Here's a pic of the boot up screen. Any suggestions?

Yes, I too had issues when I used the DSDT for my mobo from TonyMac's site and I believe it was a corrupt file. If you follow my guide, I have provided everything you will need for our mobo and you will have a running system. let me know if you run into any issues after following my guide. Good luck

Hello,
Just tried installing the DSDT.aml you posted along with the apple acpi kext as listed in the guide. Unfortunately, still having the same problem.
Any suggestions? Still stuck at the same line as on the photo posted previously.

Hello,
Just tried installing the DSDT.aml you posted along with the apple acpi kext as listed in the guide. Unfortunately, still having the same problem.
Any suggestions? Still stuck at the same line as on the photo posted previously.

Try booting with the either of the following parameters:

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]npci=x2000
[/COLOR]npci=x3000
[COLOR=#000000]PCIRootUID=1
[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]GraphicsEnabler=No[/COLOR]

Let me know if any of these help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back