Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Asrock Z68 Extreme4 GEN3 * 2600k * ATI 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
6th said:
Which kext did you use? Suggesting the Toledo kext might not have been a good idea since its only for the 64 bit kernel (I'm doing this from memory). In the mean time use the ALC892 kext via Multibeast.
6th,do you have your audio stable?? mines break up and if so what methods you took?

darkprince2010 said:
6th said:
Which kext did you use? Suggesting the Toledo kext might not have been a good idea since its only for the 64 bit kernel (I'm doing this from memory). In the mean time use the ALC892 kext via Multibeast.
6th,do you have your audio stable?? mines break up and if so what methods you took?

Audio on my system is stable, I used the kexts provided by Multibeast (which is the same in the screenshot. If you have everything installed already. Try deleting appleHDA and the ALC892 kext from system / library / extensions , install ALC892 kext from Multibeast, repair permissions and reboot.

6th said:
darkprince2010 said:
6th said:

Audio on my system is stable, I used the kexts provided by Multibeast (which is the same in the screenshot. If you have everything installed already. Try deleting appleHDA and the ALC892 kext from system / library / extensions , install ALC892 kext from Multibeast, repair permissions and reboot.

Thanks 6th. I will give it a try.

Hi,

Will this DSDT work on the older Extreme 4 or will I need to create my own ?

Many thanks

Yes it should work without any problems

Hi.

I've tried to install OS X Lion using this way, but caused the kernel problem.

Intel Core i7 2600k [OC disable]
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Asrock Z68 Extreme4 [not Gen3]
WesternDigital WD10EARX

One day, when I checked Multibeast's check-box without using this way, the machine booted without causing the kernel problem.

However, when the login screen was displayed, the machine was very very very slow.
The mouse cursor kept on spinning rainbow.

How to do?

[Sorry, my English is bad. I've learning English.]

seibu123 said:
Hi.

I've tried to install OS X Lion using this way, but caused the kernel problem.

Intel Core i7 2600k [OC disable]
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Asrock Z68 Extreme4 [not Gen3]
WesternDigital WD10EARX

One day, when I checked Multibeast's check-box without using this way, the machine booted without causing the kernel problem.

However, when the login screen was displayed, the machine was very very very slow.

How to do?

[Sorry, my English is bad. I've learning English.]

From what I know in regards to your system being very slow is that your trying to use audio through the 2600k. Use the Realtek ALC892 as your audio opposed to using audio from your 2600k

seibu123 said:

I had this on the Extreme4 also, which I think is due to using a PS2 keyboard and kext.

I took the install(hard drive) over to another machine and it worked perfectly, will probably be attempting another install on the Extreme4 but this time with a USB keyboard and mouse.

SubliminalAura said:
I had this on the Extreme4 also, which I think is due to using a PS2 keyboard and kext.

I took the install(hard drive) over to another machine and it worked perfectly, will probably be attempting another install on the Extreme4 but this time with a USB keyboard and mouse.

When I tried, I use a USB keyboard.
I don't have USB keyboards. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back