Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Asrock Z68 Extreme4 GEN3 * 2600k * ATI 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi 6th.. pretty new to installing mac on my pc.

my rig:
sandy 2600k
asrock (same board as you)
ram ADATA dual channel gaming 8gb
EVGA gtx 560 Ti

I've been re-installing for the nth time and I'm always stuck at getting my ethernet and sound to work. I'm wondering if you could help me. My steps are:
1. install 10.6.3 (I'm using snow leopard retail dvd btw)
2. use multibeast (same settings are you shown in your pic and using your DSDT)
3. reboot
4. use kextbeast put the broadcom and audio in your links on desktop
5. reboot (this is where I'm stuck.. everytime I add the kext for audio and ethernet it doesn't boot to 10.6.3 anymore)

any help on this problem?

darthdart said:
hi 6th.. pretty new to installing mac on my pc.

my rig:
sandy 2600k
asrock (same board as you)
ram ADATA dual channel gaming 8gb
EVGA gtx 560 Ti

I've been re-installing for the nth time and I'm always stuck at getting my ethernet and sound to work. I'm wondering if you could help me. My steps are:
1. install 10.6.3 (I'm using snow leopard retail dvd btw)
2. use multibeast (same settings are you shown in your pic and using your DSDT)
3. reboot
4. use kextbeast put the broadcom and audio in your links on desktop
5. reboot (this is where I'm stuck.. everytime I add the kext for audio and ethernet it doesn't boot to 10.6.3 anymore)

any help on this problem?

I'm going to take a wild guess and try downloading the combo update to 10.6.8 which can be found here. Although the network kext is meant for Lion (hence > Broadcom BCM57781 lion via osx86.net).

darthdart, are you using the tonymacx86 Snow Leopard Snow Leopard Installation Guide? (See the last link in my signature block.)

Hello 6th, I got everything working but the audio. I have to plug in a headphone into my front jack..my specs are the same as yours,except I have a nvidia GTX 470.I get sound but it clips,or break up..Think i need new speakers? thanks.

Which kext did you use? Suggesting the Toledo kext might not have been a good idea since its only for the 64 bit kernel (I'm doing this from memory). In the mean time use the ALC892 kext via Multibeast.

hi guys.. it's me the noob again :D sorry... yeah I was following the instructions on the other thread not knowing there was an extra step for sandy bridge procs... I'm currently doing that now but I'm always stuck right after updatehelper... it won't boot anymore even if I try GraphicsEnabler=No and going into safe mode.

correct me if I did something wrong... these are my steps

1. install SL
2. run multibeast (followed 6th's settings and DSDT)
3. (optional: I tried rebooting sometimes)
4. run updatehelper then reboot
5. boots then when I select my SL installation it just shows me the white screen and gray apple logo... it's always stuck there.

removed the extra 4gb ram.. tried doing it on my vcard and then removed it then did it with my onboard graphics (which is not supported as I have learned searching through the forums)... still the same...

call me stupid but I find it weird that I managed to get to 10.6.8 on my first try and was soooooo new to this that I checked all the settings on multibeast then ran 10.6.8 update.. it was ok... although I tried to do it again... didn't work anymore :D ... yep I am that desperate

Thanks for the quick reply 6th..Yes, I used the Toledo Kext...for my onboard alc982. Is there better one to use? again thanks..

Darth,If I'm not mistaken you left out the 10.6.8 combo Update..

darkprince2010 said:
Darth,If I'm not mistaken you left out the 10.6.8 combo Update..

that's just it... I couldn't do the 10.6.8 since right after I reboot from updatehelper it won't finish loading SL... anyways. I really wanted to do this since I couldn't get my ethernet working so there was no way I could purchase the digital content for Lion on the website... finally got it by borrowing a friends mac.. did unibeast now I can do the Lion install directly.

sound finally works.. but ethernet still not working... placed the .kext file on desktop then ran kextbeast... it still doesn't work... am i doing anything wrong?

finally got it to work... my download of the broadcom driver was probably corrupted.. redownloaded it again.. extracted.. and now it works like a charm.. now only my GTX560 ti is a problem :D thanks 6th!!!!!

Congrads! My sound is working, but its breaking..I think my speakers might be blown,because they don't show in windows 7. then perhaps I'm not doing my alc892 kext right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back