Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

- In the config plist I use 'UseLastBootVolume' and 'Timeout: 3s', for boot options, but they have no effect, I always get Win as the 1st option, and no timeout. What could be the issue here, NVRam not working (or this has nothing to do with it)?

After a bit of looking around I figured it out, that NVRam wasn't working because the RC scripts were not installed (in /etc/...). This I guess should be done post install with clover configurator (I installed my macOS from a usb stick just using the EFI folder).
However, I found out that NVRam can work natively on Z390 without being emulated, so I deleted the EmuVariableUefi.efi from EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and installed SSDT-PMC.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, and it worked without issues. This post might help if anyone else is gonna search for this. An internet search for SSDT-PMC will yield results for both the dsl and the compiled aml file.

Hello, do anyone have success on using iGPU and dGPU together? I can't get it working when plugging HDMI port on the MB (i7 9700K) and the HDMI port on the dGPU (RX580). OSX Version: 10.15.7 and using Clover.

Only dGPU can be detected, while iGPU keep unrecognized and stay black screen.

Hello, do anyone have success on using iGPU and dGPU together? I can't get it working when plugging HDMI port on the MB (i7 9700K) and the HDMI port on the dGPU (RX580). OSX Version: 10.15.7 and using Clover.

Only dGPU can be detected, while iGPU keep unrecognized and stay black screen.
You have to manually inject gpu properties and disable whatevergreen for this kind of unsupported setup to work

Yeah I have had the BigSur beta working for a while now ( latest on Beta 11.0) and using it as my daily work machine . I am on opencore 0.6.2. The only issues I've had are not related to the OS but related to the software that im using (little snitch, eset, Acronis etc.). I have found it to be pretty stable.

Could you please share EFI folder, I see it is exactly the same configuration as mine.

Are you facing any issues ?

Here's the config.plist. Fill own Values under - "PlatformInfo ?=> Generic"
I use an IGPU only configuration.
Have not activated the Thunderbolt port (ACPI section).

My EFI has a bunch of stuff that I use for testing and hence not sharing because it doesn't apply to you.

Attachments

• config0.6.2 copy.plist
    16 KB · Views: 55
Yes, I'm having problem using OpenCore, used to use Clover Configurator and with OC I'm stucked.
Hope this config will be good for start, thank you for sharing.
One more thing...About ACPI folder and SSDTs. See bunch of SSDTs for many things, in Clover I have only one SSDT made for everything what I need.
What is your suggestion regarding SSDT, how to make all SSDTs and what is crucial to have right made SSDT in OC?

You'll get most of your answers reading the Dortania's OpenCore guide with the above config.plist as a reference. You'll realise that you'd need ar least 4 SSDT's to boot the system. Some of these were present as options in the Clover Configurator. (In OC they are present as SSDT's.)

SSDT-PMC.aml >> NVRAM for z390
SSDT-AWAC.aml >> Fix for AsRock Z390 BIOS DSDT Device(RTC) bug
SSDT-EC-USBX.aml >> Corrects your EC devices, needed for all Catalina users
SSDT-PLUG.aml >> Allows for native CPU power managment. Equivalent of Clover Plugin Type=1

In addition you'll need another SSDT to enable the TB port. (I think that one is attached to the first post of the thread.) The following is how the EFI's major sections would look like:

Code:
    ├── ACPI
        │   ├── SSDT-AWAC.aml
        │   ├── SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
        │   ├── SSDT-PLUG.aml
        │   ├── SSDT-PMC.aml

├── Drivers
        │   ├── AudioDxe.efi
        │   ├── HFSPlus.efi
        │   ├── OpenCanopy.efi
        │   ├── OpenRuntime.efi
        │   ├── OpenUsbKbDxe.efi