Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

Have you been able to get a bluetooth keyboard/mouse working in BIOS/Clover?

*solved*

Last edited:
Curious if anyone has switched over to OcQuirks and what the experience has been?

I have managed to install Catalina by using OC. So far everything runs very smooth. Vega 56 worked out of the box, as well as UAD Apollo Thunderbolt Interface and all the other USB Ports.

I don't have the time, to make a full installation guide but I attached my working EFI.
Please note:
  • If you use it, you have to do your own smBIOS registration (iMac18,1) after installation (using genSMBIOS-master)
  • Kexts and SSDT's included
  • I switched the onboard wifi card to a hackintosh compatible one, so there are three kext in the kext folder, which make this card work. If you don't use wifi or bluetooth you can delete this kext and then do a clean snapshot of your OC folder in ProperTree.
Maybe I will do a guide with some more detailed information.
Have fun!

Attachments

• EFI OC0.5.9 ASRock Phantom z390 itx.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 171
I have managed to install Catalina by using OC. So far everything runs very smooth. Vega 56 worked out of the box, as well as UAD Apollo Thunderbolt Interface and all the other USB Ports.

Maybe I will do a guide with some more detailed information.
Have fun!
Thanks! A complete guide would be great if you ever get the time - the more info out there the better imho

Last edited:
Did someone successfuly install the Big Sur Public Beta?

For fully working hot plug you must enable GPIO3 Force Pwr.

Thanks alot for that! Going to give it a try

I requested and received from Asrock a modified 4.40C Bios which includes Thunderbolt GPIO3 Force Power option.
Just tested it extremely quickly and didn't seem to make a difference to hot-plug ability, but I've attached it here if anyone else wants to test further.

Attachments

• Z39PGIX4.40C.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 131
Ha! For some reason I hadn't disabled "SW SMI on TBT hot-plug". Once I disabled that I can turn off and on my UAD Octo (the extent of my TB hot-plug needs right now) - it reconnects and gets picked up just fine. So happy!

Ha! For some reason I hadn't disabled "SW SMI on TBT hot-plug". Once I disabled that I can turn off and on my UAD Octo (the extent of my TB hot-plug needs right now) - it reconnects and gets picked up just fine. So happy!
Awesome, thanks for sharing! cant wait to try it!

Back