Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

CAN YOU SAY HOTPLUGABLE TB3!!!! (kinda). seems good for one or 2 unplugs and replugs.
Here is all the info for semi working hotplug tb3
Using @rj510 's imac 19,1 efi. (Thank you for this epic thread!)
BIOS Settings (im on 4.4, but it probably works with others, haven't tested)

bios.jpg

Install the Thunderbolt drivers and update the NVM in Windows (ac-20 file attached.) thanks @Joshmo for that!
After reading through this post from @LeleTuratti, i adjusted the ssdt-tb3.aml for the phantom and placed it in the acpi/patched folder (Remove the other tb ssdt)

And that was it. To my amazement i unplugged my daisy chained Apollo Twin X and UAD Octo Satallite (on from boot) plugged it back in, and, holy moley, it came back on.... and worked! I cant even believe that its working even if only a little. Hope this helps some of you.
Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 2.19.28 AM.png

Attachments

• ac-20200331T184553Z-001.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 117
  • SSDT-TB3.aml
    6.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Here is all the info for semi working hotplug tb3

For fully working hot plug you must enable GPIO3 Force Pwr.

Thanks alot for that! Going to give it a try
Do keep your updates coming - I'm following this with real interest, just no time to change my setup right now (or at least worried I'll bork it!)

After reading through this post from @LeleTuratti, i adjusted the ssdt-tb3.aml for the phantom and placed it in the acpi/patched folder (Remove the other tb ssdt)

Only had time to try out your adjusted SSDT-TB3.aml and the TB controller is finally showing up in System Information. Thanks!
Screenshot 2020-06-29 at 17.36.11.png

So I tried twice but I must be missing something. Followed the instructions to a T but when I try to flash the bios it says ""secure flash check fail". ...Maybe someone else can give it a try

At one's own risk!

It's so easy.

Example (ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac 4.40, open GPIO3 Force Pwr):

First, get UEFITool 0.28.0 (No version Axx). Open bios in UEFITool.
View attachment 478420
Press Cmd+F, select Text Force Pwr.
After search you will get Force Pwr in Dxe driver Setup.
View attachment 478421

Press "Extract body" and select folder where you want save.

Get latest Universal-IFR-Extractor and run from terminal (if you use osx/linux).

View attachment 478422
Open example.txt file and search GPIO3 Force Pwr (this function for default is disabled).

In upper you can find condition showing function.

View attachment 478423

Copy this bytes 12 06 25 2B 00 00 and replace to 12 06 25 2B FF 00 use hex editor.

View attachment 478424
Press Replace All, then save.

Use UEFITool to replace Setup module
View attachment 478425
Then save file and rename to default name (Z39PGIX4.40).

Thanks.

Hmm, after installing the SSDT-TB3.aml sleep/wake is broken - the Hack sleeps then immediately wakes up again, unprompted.

Hmm, after installing the SSDT-TB3.aml sleep/wake is broken - the Hack sleeps then immediately wakes up again, unprompted.
Weird. Mine is working. TB is even still connected on wake. Could it be a wake from device thing? Like allow BT to wake computer setting. Sorry, not really sure.

Solved! Wasn't the SSDT-TB3.aml. Reflashed 4.40. Unplugged all and added one by one - was a Steinberg CC121 Controller immediately waking the system up - which it never had before. All very strange - but mainly happy to have found the problem!

Anyone knows if new Asrock Z490 is possible to install Catalina?

Back