Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

This is not a fact. There may be a bad memory or power supply. The functioning of all equipment depends on the correct power.

All the parts are new, memory is Crucial 2x16 3200.
PSU is Corsair SF750 (which is working because I used it in another system).
OK. I will try with an older set of memory to see if it's this.

Thanks

First post here after a successful install on my Phantom Z390 thanks to this guide.

I appear to have a couple of problems though:

1. My power button does nothing at all when the PC is on. Not even holding it for a few seconds. If I leave it held for 10 seconds a hard reset occurs. Apparently, it's supposed to show a shutdown menu but its not.

2. TB3/regular Type-C seems to be not working for me. iPhone or any other accessories won't appear through USB C. Only works for charging. Do I need the TB3 dock as mentioned in this thread?

Any help is greatly appreciated! First Hackintosh, and loving it already

Last edited:
Hi, first of all thank for your work. I will try to do a fresh Mojave install. I built a UniBeast USB; copied your EFI v9 folder to EFI section; and did all the BIOS settings. But, actually. it stuck here. Any ideas?

"forcing cs runtime for entitlement com.apple.rootless.install"

System is ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + i9-9900K + RX 5700 XT + 1TB 970 EVO Plus + 32GB Corsair RAM.

IMG_20191217_162229.jpg

Edit: i deleted the deviceproperties for ssd and then it worked

Last edited:
Hi, first of all thank for your work. I will try to do a fresh Mojave install. I built a UniBeast USB; copied your EFI v9 folder to EFI section; and did all the BIOS settings. But, actually. it stuck here. Any ideas?

"forcing cs runtime for entitlement com.apple.rootless.install"

System is ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + i9-9900K + RX 5700 XT + 1TB 970 EVO Plus + 32GB Corsair RAM.

View attachment 440934

Edit: i deleted the deviceproperties for ssd and then it worked

What the other user said, plus, make sure you're using Mojave 10.14.4 or later for your install. I tried doing this install initially with 10.14.18 and it would give me that exact error. Tried with 10.14.6 and it didn't happen again.

Will this works on a Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX and i7-9700K?

I bought this ASRock motherboard because of this amazing guide, so I want to thank you very much for your incredible work! Without it, I would have bought a regular ATX board by Gigabyte but I've had one of those for many years so I'm glad I can finally try something different.

Looking at the drivers64UEFI folder attached to the OP, I noticed there is a PartitionDxe.efi file. Clover comes with a default PartitionDxe-64.efi file. Can I safely use the default file or must I remove it and use PartitionDxe.efi instead?

@rj510,
Thanks for your great post, I am study how to build the OS with the same MB, but only Intel UHD 630 display, and study how to enable the TB3.

Hi @rj510 , is it ok to do a 10.4.6 update from app store?

Hey @rj510 - just wanted to say huge grateful thanks for all the information you provided on this thread. This was my very first experience at Hackintosh and it all went swimmingly! All the instructions were clear.

I first built the machine and installed Windows 10 on a separate drive to check for hardware problems / stability and to burn it in, etc. Plus also took a while to find the time to dedicate to tackling the Hack build.

I’m on BIOS 4.30 - latest Clover and Kexts, etc. I had to reflash at one point as it got stuck booting at one point, and I noted your point about doing just that,. So I took this as an opportunity to try the latest BIOS - and I’ve had no problems. Well, except one! Like others here I get the USB disk>eject from sleep problem, regardless of my RAM speed. A minor niggle in the scheme of things.

Mojave updated to latest security, etc., updates no problem. No problem also using an Apple TB3>TB2 adapter for my UAD satellite. It works equally well in Windows 10 too. Same rules apply in terms of it must be connected and powered up from boot to be recognised, but I think that is a possible limitation of Alpine Ridge on this board. No USB C hot plug under Mojave however, whereas under Windows 10 that works fine.

Anyway, all in all, over the moon!

Back