Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

Glad to join your Asrock Band!

My configuration:
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX (BIOS v4.30)
Intel Core i9-9900
Crucial Ballistix Sport AT DDR4-3200 2x16Gb
Samsung 970 PRO NVMe 512GB

I had adventures, but the Mojave 10.14.6 was successfully installed. I read about possible malfunctions, but there is no way to check everything.
What has been verified:
1) There are some errors when loading with argument -v (something like: no such file was found). Probably my EFI folder is not perfect, but the system boots in 5 seconds.
2) The mashine goes to sleep and wakes up without problems, flash drives do not disappear.
3) The sound doesn't work. Monitor connected through Displayport and sound doesn't pass. On the rear panel too. I found some recommendations, but they don't help.

Did you
Glad to join your Asrock Band!

My configuration:
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX (BIOS v4.30)
Intel Core i9-9900
Crucial Ballistix Sport AT DDR4-3200 2x16Gb
Samsung 970 PRO NVMe 512GB

I had adventures, but the Mojave 10.14.6 was successfully installed. I read about possible malfunctions, but there is no way to check everything.
What has been verified:
1) There are some errors when loading with argument -v (something like: no such file was found). Probably my EFI folder is not perfect, but the system boots in 5 seconds.
2) The mashine goes to sleep and wakes up without problems, flash drives do not disappear.
3) The sound doesn't work. Monitor connected through Displayport and sound doesn't pass. On the rear panel too. I found some recommendations, but they don't help.
use OP’s EFI folder for a clean install? Could you share if anything was altered I’m also on 4.30

Did you

use OP’s EFI folder for a clean install? Could you share if anything was altered I’m also on 4.30
During installation, I used the folder created by UniBeast. Then added something that was not from the OP's folder. Plist is based on NoSN-config-iGPU.plist. I did not try to completely replace the entire folder. For example, VirtualSMC didn’t work for me. I used FakeSMC. My actions are spontaneous. I am absolutely new to this.

I just got a sound. I launched the app Audio-MIDI and set the default audio out on rear panel.

Do you remove the paper sticker when setting the M.2 SSD under the radiator? I asked Samsung support if the warranty would be lost. They told me that you can carefully remove it, and before contacting the service, glue it back. Сarefully... :problem:

@rj510

Hey there! I got the macOS installed and can boot via the SSD drive.

Bluetooth and TB3 not detected? The BT card was replaced, and I used your EFI folder. Am I missing something ?

The Bluetooth chip is not even showing in the USB3.1 section....how do I check if it is installed correctly?

MANY THANKS!

Last edited:
It will.

I have BIOS v4.20 and it works well. I only have some issues with boot resolution : I have to keep CSM enabled or to disable "iGPU multimonitor" if I want to keep my dual boot (Wind10/Mojave) functional AND have proper resolution during boot. Not a big deal though as it it mostly cosmetic issue. Feel safe as I already had this issue with BIOS <4.10 and it seem very specific to my setup as nobody else faced this issue so far.

Hi,
I have the ASRock Z390 Phantom. It has an i5-9600K and Sapphire Vega 56.
I am trying to boot the UniBeast installer but no luck.
Maybe you can share a working EFI folder and BIOS config, BIOS is 4.2.

Thanks
Giannis

Hi couldn’t get EFI bootloader to boot for installation , I updated UEFI to 4.3.

i7 8700 k / 3* Samsung 850 SSD ,1*Samsung870 NVMe / Rx590 nitro +

I am very much a super newb and would appreciate it if someone could explain to me clearly on what I should do.l to get it installed.

I’m loading the Mojave installer via a USB, installed Clover EFI v2.5k r5070. With all the tutorials the Versions are different. And settings are all a bit different ,for the memory fix drivers there are 3 different options not sure which to choose.

I tried using the EFI supplied by the OP, filled in all the required serial numbers etc .

anyways I’m unsure if I did everything correctly , can’t really remember exactly what I did. As every tutorial is different.

Anyways pls see attached image , I get a hang here. I’ve since then reformatted the installer usb disk, and want to install Clover EFI fresh.... And configure the EFI again.

Do I have a problem with UEFO 4.3?

I have the same problem- stuck at same point. BIOS 4.2. Plus, when I get so far, it takes like an hour to reach that point. Really very slow.

del

Last edited:

I have the same problem- stuck at same point. BIOS 4.2. Plus, when I get so far, it takes like an hour to reach that point. Really very slow.

I re-flashed BIOS from 4.3 to 4.2 and the installation went smoothly. I used OP's EFI folder into installer drive's EFI partition. The only change I made was filling in a unique Serial number.

Back