Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] 10.11.6; ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, i5-6500, 760GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Kristhof.Petho,

I'm interested in this guide. Do you think it will work the same for the mini itx version of the Z170 Pro Gaming board? Also, Do I need a formatted USB thumb drive for the OSX installation or can I use a portable hard drive I already own?

Thanks

Did everything according to the instructions. Works fine. But when I copy config_postinstall.plist instead of config_install.plist, I get black screen at startup. I have the 6700K, GTX 970. The nvidia driver installed. nvda_drv=1 has no effect.

Hey Kristhof.Petho,

I'm interested in this guide. Do you think it will work the same for the mini itx version of the Z170 Pro Gaming board? Also, Do I need a formatted USB thumb drive for the OSX installation or can I use a portable hard drive I already own?

Thanks

Hi, sorry, no clue on this. But I do think there is a Mini ITX thread somewhere on the site...

Did everything according to the instructions. Works fine. But when I copy config_postinstall.plist instead of config_install.plist, I get black screen at startup. I have the 6700K, GTX 970. The nvidia driver installed. nvda_drv=1 has no effect.

Disable onboard GPU in the BIOS, it will then boot just fine :)

Sir, may you help me?
My display card is GTX970, it is different with your display card.
But the MB is same as Z170 Pro Gaming, So if I use your config file, the Nvidia Web Driver(installed) can't work.
Would you help me to edit your current config for GTX970? Please...!

Sir, may you help me?
My display card is GTX970, it is different with your display card.
But the MB is same as Z170 Pro Gaming, So if I use your config file, the Nvidia Web Driver(installed) can't work.
Would you help me to edit your current config for GTX970? Please...!

I believe all you need is to disable the nvidia driver as you first boot up, then install the Nvidia Web driver, then reboot.
Check this post: LINK

Hi Kristof,

I used your guide to install on a Asus Z170I (the mini ITX version). Everything is working well, including GTX 970 with the Nvidia web driver, but the sound doesn't work. I've tried to use Multibeast, cloverALC.command and pikeralphaALC. Sometimes there's no output device, sometimes there are all output devices but none produce audio (except headphone, which produces extremely distorted audio when turned up to full volume). Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Edit: Ran the pikeralphaALC again and it worked somehow. Not sure what happened, but yeah! SUCCESS!

Last edited:
Does your build working 100%? Do you have any issues with your build?
What do you use clover installation method over unibeast? Advantages?

Hmm, interesting... after a subsequent boot where I didn't make any changes to audio, the audio has stopped working. Output devices are still present, but I'm just getting static. Any ideas?

Hmm, interesting... after a subsequent boot where I didn't make any changes to audio, the audio has stopped working. Output devices are still present, but I'm just getting static. Any ideas?

Hey, before you run the CloverALC patch from here: LINK

Make sure you mount your EFI partition. Then it will work just fine after reboot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back