Contribute
Register

Stuck on white Apple loading screen after Combo Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I had this same error. However, that was when I used the EasyBeast Install. I then searched in the forum to find the MultiBeast installation for my system and used that instead. Then when I finished, no errors and had successful install and running OSX now.

This guide was similar to my build.

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11465&hilit=gigabyte+x58a+5770

Good Luck!

3 months later and I'm still stuck on this. Has anyone been able to get passed this error?

3 months later and I'm still stuck on this. Has anyone been able to get passed this error?

Two years later and I have the same issues. Did you guys ever find a fix? I have a Toshiba drive and encounter the same issue.

in the boot screen, type -F and hit enter. what fixed it for me was to delete this line in chameleon.boot.plist.
<string>npci=0x2000</string>

It's got something to do with the combo update. I can boot using iboot for 10.6.3 but as soon as I apply the update to 10.6.6 I can no longer boot.

rob et all

When doing an update the manual method which means that you have disabled auto update from Apple - and you download the Combo Update file to the desktop.

You need to do some steps that will keep this from happining -

If your on OSX 10.6.3 lets say and you need to update to a newer Combo Update - check the support site for the file your downloading and see what the requirements are for this Combo Update you installing. Some of these require you to be at a specific version of OSX, Some of these require you to only be at OSX 10.6.0 or 10.6.3 to apply the Combo Update.

Once you run the Combo Update -DO NOT REBOOT you should then run the MultiBeast for Snow Leopard - and select the System Utilities box and run that only before reboot

I also suggest that you use this command switch at the reboot ... -v -f ...together:

So if you sometimes use the command switches like "-v" or "PCIRootUID=?" or "Graphics Enabler=Y/N"

You would use the "-f" this clears the OS from using cached old kexts - very important as you have new kexts you want to load not the older ones which result in KP ( Kernel Panic).

Cannot stress this enough for you Snow Leopard users that the -f switch has great importance when you apply Combo Updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back