Contribute
Register

Stuck on apple logo screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
COOLBLUE8

update to the statements of the iBoot for Ivy Bridge - Tonymacx86 and his friends have updated the iBoot for Ivy Bridge to 1.1.0
which should have the newer network kexts for your motherboard - we assume that its the one mentioned and the hardware version is 1.1
which did not work well ( if at all) w the orginal iBoot for Ivy Bridge 1.0
Suggest you make a new cd - and boot from this to continue the install / download of ML - also do not use the 4800 wifi card till after 10.8 install.

I've managed to use Chimera with SL, however it is crashing due to bootargs when loading Darwin. I saw on another one of your posts that there is a DSDT for this mobo which will probably help. Again, thank you.

OK IT WORKS!

After COMPLETELY starting over, I installed only two kexts and voila, it booted up! Right now I am running ML!
There was probably too many kexts that I foolishly installed which were conflicting with each other.

Thank you so much for your help!

OK IT WORKS!

After COMPLETELY starting over, I installed only two kexts and voila, it booted up! Right now I am running ML!
There was probably too many kexts that I foolishly installed which were conflicting with each other.

Thank you so much for your help!

coolblue8

Congratulations you did it - now if you have any issues w Mountain Lion do use the DESKTOP SUPPORT for Mountain Lion FORUM

(not the SL forum where you are now) It happens....

enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back