Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just got iBoot installed, and when I press enter on the SL Cd, it takes me to an apple logo screen and does nothing.

BIOS is set to AHCI and HPET is enabled (GA-Z77-D3H mobo)

Tried -x -v, goes through kexts then goes to black screen. Using onboard graphics (Intel 2500HD), but I still tried PCIRootUID=1, with no success.

Using Intel i5 3450, 4gb ram

VERY VERY confused right now :banghead:

Just got iBoot installed, and when I press enter on the SL Cd, it takes me to an apple logo screen and does nothing.

BIOS is set to AHCI and HPET is enabled (GA-Z77-D3H mobo)

Tried -x -v, goes through kexts then goes to black screen. Using onboard graphics (Intel 2500HD), but I still tried PCIRootUID=1, with no success.

Using Intel i5 3450, 4gb ram

VERY VERY confused right now :banghead:

coolblue8

Big problem w this CPU - its ivy bridge like the motherboard and it has only HD2500 GFX - Apple has no method of using HD2500

this will not work -

Also you should be using the iBoot for Ivy Bridge Cd to get this to work,

Also see this link - PROBLEM With BOOT............................. Ivy Bridge mainboard + Ivy Bridge CPU + Snow Leopard.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leopard-desktop-support/84707-problem-boot.html

Post2

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeas...-based-pc.html

So you will need to get an older GFX card say a nVidia 9500 or something in the 9xxx series. or Upgrade the CPU to HD4000

And a some command switches. But more on that later after you get the GFX situation resolved.

I'm fine with buying a new graphics card-its actually kind of convenient seeing as the HD4000 intel processor is about 45 dollars more than the 3450, and coincidentally, I'm seeing a lot of used 9500's for around 45 on amazon.

Now even though I'm on Ivy bridge, it will still work in the future as long as I have the ivy bridge iBoot?

I'm fine with buying a new graphics card-its actually kind of convenient seeing as the HD4000 intel processor is about 45 dollars more than the 3450, and coincidentally, I'm seeing a lot of used 9500's for around 45 on amazon.

Now even though I'm on Ivy bridge, it will still work in the future as long as I have the ivy bridge iBoot?

No, it will not. You will find that a lot of the apps won't work because of the kernel difference, your RAM is limited to 4Gb by the iBoot IB and you can't boot from the HDD. Go ahead and purchase/download Moutntain Lion install app and install Mountain Lion.

coolblue8

Big problem w this CPU - its ivy bridge like the motherboard and it has only HD2500 GFX - Apple has no method of using HD2500

this will not work -

Also you should be using the iBoot for Ivy Bridge Cd to get this to work,

Also see this link - PROBLEM With BOOT............................. Ivy Bridge mainboard + Ivy Bridge CPU + Snow Leopard.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leopard-desktop-support/84707-problem-boot.html

Post2

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeas...-based-pc.html

So you will need to get an older GFX card say a nVidia 9500 or something in the 9xxx series. or Upgrade the CPU to HD4000

And a some command switches. But more on that later after you get the GFX situation resolved.

Ok so I returned the 3450 and got the 3570K, and the INSTALLATION WORKED!
BUT, when I rebooted into iBoot (ivy) and tried to boot, I get a kernel panic (as shown in the picture below).
I can get it to start and go to the desktop in safe mode, but it won't discover the CD or USB
I found a kernel to replace the current SL kernel, but I can't upload it since it won't recognize a CD or USB.
I think it might have something to do with the ethernet, even though I have an apparently native wi-fi card in it
My monitor is hooked into the VGA slot, I also read how that might be an issue as well

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20130105244458488.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20130105244458488.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 190
My monitor is hooked into the VGA slot, I also read how that might be an issue as well

Connect display to DVI or HDMI only. VGA will not work.

Ok so I returned the 3450 and got the 3570K, and the INSTALLATION WORKED!
BUT, when I rebooted into iBoot (ivy) and tried to boot, I get a kernel panic (as shown in the picture below).
I can get it to start and go to the desktop in safe mode, but it won't discover the CD or USB
I found a kernel to replace the current SL kernel, but I can't upload it since it won't recognize a CD or USB.
I think it might have something to do with the ethernet, even though I have an apparently native wi-fi card in it

coolblue8

Do follow the instructions of Going Bald - also when you - Boot the 2nd time after the initial install
You should use the following command line switches - "-v -f PCIRootUID=0"
You do not have to use the GraphicsEnabler as this is built into the iBoot for Ivy Bridge CD ...

Also since OSX 10.6.x Apple has declared that VGA a is dead to them - no Apple computer has VGA anymore.....

Connect display to DVI or HDMI only. VGA will not work.

Just hooked it up to a DVI, that doesn't solve the kernel panic though

Its weird that it will start in safe mode-it might be because it says the kernel version is currently 10.8.0, and this is a 10.6.3 disk

Its weird that it will start in safe mode-it might be because it says the kernel version is currently 10.8.0, and this is a 10.6.3 disk

That is because the iBoot Ivy Bridge has a 10.8 kernel and you are booting from it.

For the kernel panic, did you run MultiBeast and install anything? Check S/L/E and delete VoodooHDA if you see it.

EDIT: if no voodooHDA is present, boot to BIOS and disable the audio until you get ML installed. You don't need it at this stage anyway.

coolblue8

So lets recap - did you use SL to install first or do you have a ML Unibeast thumb drive....
I guess what I am trying to get at is how you install osx and how you made the thumb drive...

Also what version of hardware is this motherboard you have. (GA-Z77-D3H mobo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back