Contribute
Register

Stuck on Apple logo / Installer never loads HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
i5 4440 - 8GB DDR3 1333mHz - 500HD 7400rpm
CPU
GA H81M-DS2
Graphics
ZO95GT-1GD2H
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there! This is my first hackintosh build, I'm trying to install Mavericks. I've been trying to reach the installer part , but it won't , it will boot up , load the Apple logo and then freezes when its loading the installer , I've tried using some of those key commands , but nothing really worked :/ .

I'm using a Gigabyte H81M-DS2 + i5 4440 , also I'm using the onboard graphics card.

Thanks!!!

Hi there! This is my first hackintosh build, I'm trying to install Mavericks. I've been trying to reach the installer part , but it won't , it will boot up , load the Apple logo and then freezes when its loading the installer , I've tried using some of those key commands , but nothing really worked :/ .

I'm using a Gigabyte H81M-DS2 + i5 4440 , also I'm using the onboard graphics card.

Thanks!!!

Try using this boot flag to get to the installer: DSDT=/dev/null (case sensitive.) report back what happens.

Still getting the same thing , apple logo starts to load and then freezes it..
Thanks for the help!

Still getting the same thing , apple logo starts to load and then freezes it..
Thanks for the help!

Boot verbose -v and then take a picture of the kernel panic screen and post it here.

Boot verbose -v and then take a picture of the kernel panic screen and post it here.

Running on the -v mode , this is where I get stucked.. Sorry for the bad pic haha..
IMG_5162.JPG

What were the changes you made to your bios settings ?

Also would help if you listed all of your hardware in your profile
so we know what ram etc. you are using in this build. Thanks.

What were the changes you made to your bios settings ?

Also would help if you listed all of your hardware in your profile
so we know what ram etc. you are using in this build. Thanks.

I did set the BIOS to Optimized Defaults and the HD to AHCI mode , also I disabled the VT-d..And that's it..

My Hardware:
-Motherboard:Gigabyte H81M-DS2 (LGA1150)
-Processor:Intel i5 4440
-Memory : Don't remember the brand , but I know it's 8GB DDR3 1333mHz
-Hard-Drive: 500HD 7400rpm

I did set the BIOS to Optimized Defaults and the HD to AHCI mode , also I disabled the VT-d..And that's it..

My Hardware:
-Motherboard:Gigabyte H81M-DS2 (LGA1150)
-Processor:Intel i5 4440
-Memory : Don't remember the brand , but I know it's 8GB DDR3 1333mHz
-Hard-Drive: 500HD 7400rpm

OK you'll also want to set initial display output to IGFX
Also set XHCI mode to enabled. Then try to boot again. see the screenshots here :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...ll-build-how-low-can-you-go-5.html#post786052

OK you'll also want to set initial display output to IGFX
Also set XHCI mode to enabled. Then try to boot again. see the screenshots here :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...ll-build-how-low-can-you-go-5.html#post786052

Just did that on the BIOS and now I got this :

Running without any bootflags I got apple logo with something that I don't know what it is haha , also it keeps loading but the installer never shows.

IMG_5172.JPG

Running on -v mode I got this screen and it still showing "Still waiting for root device"..

IMG_5176.JPG

next thing to do is boot in safe mode which is -x

If that doesn't do it try the DSDT=/dev/null and see
if that will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back