EVGA GeForce GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello there,

today I read the article about installing the new El Capitan (http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...rect-update-os-x-el-capitan-using-clover.html). I installed Clover but pretty much gave up after not finding the ktext files in step 2.
Now i randomly restarted my PC and now my PC keeps booting in the clover menu! When i select "Exit Clover" → "Continue" I just get a blackscreen.

Thanks for your help!

Please follow the Rules, and add your specific hardware to your profile.
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
It is impossible for people to help you, and we would only be guessing at solutions, without this information.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

If you want to go back to Yosemite, set your BIOS to boot legacy only (not Legacy and UEFI or UEFI only) and see if you can boot back into Chimera/Yosemite.

If instead you want to switch to Clover, you can find most of the necessary kexts here. But you'll have to tell us what options you have on the Clover menu to get a procedure for how to install them -- use the arrow keys to move back and forth and note the text like "Boot Mac OS X from SomeDrive" or etc.

How do I even enter my BIOS manager? Whenever I try to hold down delete when starting my PC it always opens up Clover...

And for right now I don't want to update anymore. I'd just be happy with getting Yosemite to run..

How do I even enter my BIOS manager? Whenever I try to hold down delete when starting my PC it always opens up Clover...

Well, your BIOS has full control of the PC before it ever gets to Clover. There's typically some key you can hit to go into the BIOS setup screen. Often for a few seconds it will display a message on the screen telling you what that key is. Otherwise, you can download a manual for your board and it should say.

If you're really desperate you can remove all drives from the system so it can't boot to anything, and then try to get into the BIOS.

I looked it up again in the manuals and it indeed is the delete key. Still it always boots me to the "Clover Exit" screen, when I press delete when starting my PC..

cloverexitscreen.jpg

And then hitting continue will direct me to the "main Clover" screen.

The screen in your screen shot is not a Clover screen, it's a BIOS screen.

I'm not sure why you get that and not the regular BIOS screen, but it's up to your BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back