1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
SUCCESS: H81N-4790K-GTX760-16Gb

Hi,

Complete noob here, so apologies.
I can't seem to find a boot flag combination to get me past this error:
unable to open var/bd/BootCache.playlist: 2

The forum suggestions I have found so far have not worked. I know that the MB is not on the supported list, but from what I gathered it should work.
(In case the info from my Basic Information doesn't show up:
Gigabyte H81N - F4 (Updated from F3)
i7 4790K
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600
Asus GTX 760
Samsung 250gb 840 EVO
WB 1Tb Storage
Cooler Master ITX case
Corsair cm550m PSU)
Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks,

Felix

Attachments

• IMG_20140809_234729.jpg
    IMG_20140809_234729.jpg
    813 KB · Views: 146
So, it all worked out in the end.

I'm not quite sure what it was that ended up fixing the issue (greater minds than mine can attempt it in the answers below) as I was getting a little frazzled by the end and ended up making several changes simultaneously. The changes from the post above are:

- xHCI Hand-off / EHCI Hand-off - both of these settings enabled.
- unplugged the 1Tb hd, using only the ssd
- set the bios to "legacy only" instead of "legacy/UEFI"

At first it had no effect. Booting with the "-v" crashed at exactly the same point, but at one point I forgot to add any flags to the boot-up and it went the whole distance after a wait of about 1-2 minutes. Gob. Smacked.
Partitioned the SSD into two halves (as I intend to put Win8.1 on there later) and installed 10.9.4 on the first partition.
The only odd thing I noticed when I looked at "About this Mac" was it listed the CPU to be 3.4, but I didn't dwell on it.
Opened multibeast, chose DSDT Free and then, because I don't know what I'm doing, went a bit click happy in there. Anything that looked like it would enhance functionality went in there.
Rebooted and - Whoops! - kernel panic. The error was AppleAPCIPlatform related somehow. I figure I f'ed it in multibeast somehow, so I erase the first partition and reinstall 10.9.4. This time in multibeast I only check the DSDT Free option.
Rebooted and - Whoops! - kernel panic. Cue an enormous amount of swearing.
After searching the forums I came accross this thread/suggestion. Finding this setting in my BIOS was not easy (go to classic view - it's the only way I could find it) and disabling turbo, from being on "Auto" worked. Booted fine.
Went back into multibeast and enabled all the drivers I'd ignored. It works fine, bar the audio. No luck there, so far, but I'm also kinda ok with that. It's a work computer (renders like beast!).
Loaded a time machine profile with no problems, except I had to re-install the ethernet driver.

Screen Shot 2014-08-14 at 4.24.17 pm.jpg
Novabench score: 1745

:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back