Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
CPU
i5 6600K
Graphics
GTX 650
Stuck at this on install. Must be something simple, right?

Attachments

• IMG_7433.jpg
    IMG_7433.jpg
    9 MB · Views: 150
Your DSDT is not correct. Specifically, EC is called something else, like EC0.

Your DSDT is not correct. Specifically, EC is called something else, like EC0.
Ok tried those, doesn't make a difference, stuck at same spot.

Is this an install on a system that was already working under Mojave? What does IORegistryExplorer say your EC device is called?

Sorry, I have IORegistryExplorer open and running but I don't know what to look for. Could you help?

Edit: I have EC0

(Some stuff collapsed so it fits on one page)

What is your EC device, circled in my screenshot, called? It should just be "EC". It may be "EC0" or "ECDV", or even show up elsewhere in the list alphabetically as H_EC. If it is anything but just "EC", the error you're seeing will occur and you need to patch your DSDT to correct the naming.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 14.32.02.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 14.32.02.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 122
Tried all that again, still stuck at same point. When you say "patch your DSDT", you mean in the DSDT section of the config file of the usb installer, yeah? Using clover configurator I mean.

Ok managed to get past this problem, reinstalled usb Catalina install with latest clover, and added EC0 patch as explained. Thanks.

New issue :). When installing from usb, gets to this point then fails. “An error occurred when validating the installer data. The download is either damaged or incomplete”.

Install usb is made from the guide on this site (updated one for beta using terminal, but for full release). Clover is 5093.

Attachments

• 79CCABC4-AD0F-413E-ACF4-9C85AA7AD2C1.jpeg
    79CCABC4-AD0F-413E-ACF4-9C85AA7AD2C1.jpeg
    305.8 KB · Views: 60
So finally managed to install fully.

Used a different usb stick, deleted the Catalina download in Mojave app folder, re-downloaded it, ran the usb install with the terminal method, installed latest clover, patched the EC0 thing, and it all worked.

Currently installed on a backup hard drive for testing, looking for a wifi solution (Edimax adapter I used previously isn't supported in 10.15).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back