Graphics
Sapphire Radeon R9-270
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Im trying to install Mac os x yosemite from a unibeast bootable drive, then i went into disk utility and create a new partition. But the problem is, i stuck at "Preparing to partition disk". I don't know what i'm suppose to do, its been 3 hours, but nothing's happening. I already tried this two time, the first it stucked for about 15 minute then and restart the whole thing, the second time i tried it, it still sucked, and of course, for 3 hours.

Im pretty fed up now.....:|:|:|

Im trying to install Mac os x yosemite from a unibeast bootable drive, then i went into disk utility and create a new partition. But the problem is, i stuck at "Preparing to partition disk". I don't know what i'm suppose to do, its been 3 hours, but nothing's happening. I already tried this two time, the first it stucked for about 15 minute then and restart the whole thing, the second time i tried it, it still sucked, and of course, for 3 hours.

I'm guessing the disk was originally partitioned by Windows...

OS X is not well behaved with disks partitioned by other than OS X Disk Utility, but there are things you can check/do.

See this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

It might be the issue with HDD. Try formatting with Ubuntu or Windows with 3rd Party softwares.

It might be the issue with HDD. Try formatting with Ubuntu or Windows with 3rd Party softwares.

Unlikely to be a hardware issue. Most of the time, this problem is caused by not having a GPT partition setup the way OS X likes...

It is well covered at the link I provided.

For best compatibility, initial partitioning should be done in OS X Disk Utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back