Contribute
Register

Stuck at Apple logo/empty progress bar -

Status
Not open for further replies.
And... of course it isn't.

You have to do a codec dump from Linux then run the codec finder again, I use an outboard system then my on board audio for quality reasons. But search the forum about doing Linux Dumps.

I did the codec dump, and while I was running Linux, I tried making some sounds.
Nothing. I then hooked up my new cheap set of amplified speakers to my iPhone - nothing (!)

I plugged headphones into my Hackintosh (still running Linux) and was able to get sound.

Rebooted back into El Capitan - and with headphones I had sound!

Bought a different brand of cheap speakers from a nearby Best Buy so I could return them if necessary - and they worked fine with my iPhone.
They also worked OK with the box when I boot into El Capitan - but there is a really terrible hiss when nothing is playing.
(I'll research the forum for this issue when done with this message)

I rebooted into Linux - and the sound through the new speakers is crystal clear - with no annoying hiss - so it's definitely something with my OS X install. Sounds almost like the gain is all the way up or something...

I did the codec dump, and while I was running Linux, I tried making some sounds.
Nothing. I then hooked up my new cheap set of amplified speakers to my iPhone - nothing (!)

I plugged headphones into my Hackintosh (still running Linux) and was able to get sound.

Rebooted back into El Capitan - and with headphones I had sound!

Bought a different brand of cheap speakers from a nearby Best Buy so I could return them if necessary - and they worked fine with my iPhone.
They also worked OK with the box when I boot into El Capitan - but there is a really terrible hiss when nothing is playing.
(I'll research the forum for this issue when done with this message)

I rebooted into Linux - and the sound through the new speakers is crystal clear - with no annoying hiss - so it's definitely something with my OS X install. Sounds almost like the gain is all the way up or something...

The hiss is usually attributed to Line Input (Microphone to Speakers), when I used VoodooHDA you could turn down the line input but I use a another method to get my audio so I can't help you with that unless you use VoodooHDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back