Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (16GB)
Corsair H60 (Water)
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Seagate ST3000DM001 (3T)
Corsair RM 650 Watt
Corsair Carbide 330R Blackout Edition

[No Wifi adapter at this time]

[Using an Acer monitor I had laying around]

I have successfully created numerous Clover USB sticks, and have tried using the nvidia boot flags:

"nvda_drv=1"
"nv_disable=1"

(not at the same time!)

After neither seeming to make a difference, I tried with the "-x" option and created the following screen shot)

Any help appreciated...

Attachments

• IMG_4660.JPG
    IMG_4660.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 221
Could you attach your config.plist?

What methods are you using?

Methods?
Not sure what you mean.
I created the boot USB using the latest version of UniBeast, UEFI Boot, and a fresh copy of El Capitan I downloaded via my iMac.
As for the config.plist, I can't seem to find one :(

When I first created the USB flash drive, it created two partitions.
I ejected them both - and then inserted it into the Hackintosh-to-be and started trying to install from it.

I just now removed the USB flash drive and installed in my iMac, and I'm only seeing one partition now - the one with the "Install OS X El Capitan"
"EFI-Backups" and post installation tools and clover configurator I had additionally copied over.

I assume the plist file is in the other partition, which for the life of me I can't figure out what happened to it...

I am pretty sure I used "inject invidia" as a unibeast option.

I'm willing to remake the USB flash drive if the missing partition is only present prior to installation and that is where the plist is...

With this I always use the Other folder for other items that are not a primary kext for instance.
Hope this helps!
What "other" items would you possibly put on this folder? Clover looks for kext in the Other Folder first. You can safely remove the other kext folders if you like but they'll get recreated next time you install Clover so why bother...

OP: You're much better off using Unibeast and following a guide from here that provides a working config.plist and specifies any necessary boot flags.

Last edited:
What "other" items would you possibly put on this folder? Clover looks for kext in the Other Folder first. You can safely remove the other kext folders if you like but they'll get recreated next time you install Clover so why bother...

I my sense I want to have the kext split between the folders so if it finds the needed kexts in the Other folder then when searching is finds miscellaneous kexts that are optional it still loads them. More of a sorting process since I use this method.

Dont mistake this with keeping each kext in a different folder from 10.8 to 10.12 and so on.

^^^ Oh please, what nonsense...

OP: You're much better off using Unibeast and following a guide from here that provides a working config.plist and specifies any necessary boot flags.

OK,
Since I'm open to suggestions - I went back to Unibeast - and copied over someones EFI Folder from here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/

Now, simply by coping the contents of the EFI folder verbatim, I got to the OS X installer - and was doing really good - until
the only target drive it offered - was my USB Flash drive - Doh!

I assume there is something In the EFI contents I copied over that I need to modify so it can see my SSD and other drives, instead of whatever
drive setup the original provider was using.

Also, the original provider mentions they updated their BIOS to F5, mine is still running the stock F4, so updating the BIOS will be my next step...

"UPDATE: I recently updated my BIOS to f5h and IOAPCIEntries 24-119 Entries is there so if you are using that version of the BIOS or anything prior to original f4 you don't need to use the ACPI patch."

While in the installer did you format your SSD?

UniBeast created installer USB thumb drive has worked on your motherboard/processor/graphic card before, and you should need someone else's EFI folder, either. From where did you download El Capitan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back