Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, I created a Catalina bootable drive for a fresh install using clover 5098. I downloaded whatever green, lilu and fakesmc kext for my rx5700xt gpu. I also used SSDT-USBX. I used my config.plist file from a working High Sierra that I have currently. Everytime seems to load fine without error, but it gets stuck at 100%, unable to complete. I searched through but cannot find a solution. I waited for many hours, but nothing will load. my cpu is i5-6600k with Asus z170i pro gaming mobo
IMG_1558.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
someone on this forum recently suggested to do the entire install with IGPU or another GPU not the RX 5700xt and after it has been updated to 10.15.1 put the RX5700 back in. It would also help if you added -v to your boot arguments and take a picture of the screen when it gets stuck. Sometimes it is best to make a video to find out why it is getting stuck.

Hi! I am on the same motherboard as you and I was stuck nearly the whole day yesterday with this error. As mentioned in other threads you just have to place "SSDT-EC.aml" into the ACPI/Patched/ folder but and that´s what finally worked for me >> change the USB Port! where you have your stick in. Than I could finally reach the installation screen. Good luck

Attachments

• SSDT-EC.aml
    63 bytes · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back