Contribute
Register

Stuck After Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got it to run chimera to get it to actually boot i have to use GraphicsEnabler=no but even then it crashes. I used verbose to see what was wrong and the last 7 lines are
"Waiting for DSMOS...
Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
AppleRTL8169Ethernet: Unknown hardware version ID (40800000)
AppleRTL8169Ethernet: probeHardware() failed
Transcript offline - Buffer Pool Allocate [181000] failed
DSMOS has arrived
ACPI_SMCPlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resouceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out"

Any knowledge of my new problem.

Finally got it to run chimera to get it to actually boot i have to use GraphicsEnabler=no but even then it crashes. I used verbose to see what was wrong and the last 7 lines are
"Waiting for DSMOS...
Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
AppleRTL8169Ethernet: Unknown hardware version ID (40800000)
AppleRTL8169Ethernet: probeHardware() failed
Transcript offline - Buffer Pool Allocate [181000] failed
DSMOS has arrived
ACPI_SMCPlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resouceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out"

Any knowledge of my new problem.

Did you inject AAPL,os-info via DSDT or device-properties yet? It is required for HD3000/SL/mobile.

Also, you will need to inject APPL,snb-platform-id, but there you can use bootflags:
IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=00010000

How will I do that?

When I try to boot with the stuff you said it goes to a black screen. The only way to boot all the way is in safe mode but then I cannot use my keyboard.

When I try to boot with the stuff you said it goes to a black screen. The only way to boot all the way is in safe mode but then I cannot use my keyboard.

You also need AAPL,DualLink because of 1600x900 display. Requires DSDT patch. See my repo. On mobile ATM so cannot expand on details.

So I got it to boot from drive all the way but I had to run multibeast again to get the keyboard to work then after installing the PS2 controller and the Ethernet drivers it wont get past the grey apple. I booted using verbose and got this.
photo (1).JPG

So I got it to boot from drive all the way but I had to run multibeast again to get the keyboard to work then after installing the PS2 controller and the Ethernet drivers it wont get past the grey apple. I booted using verbose and got this.
View attachment 98639

Backtrack until you find the change you made that caused failed boot...

It was installing the PS2 controller and the Ethernet Cable when I restarted after doing that it would not work how do I go about changing that.

It was installing the PS2 controller and the Ethernet Cable when I restarted after doing that it would not work how do I go about changing that.

It is best to install things one at a time, so you know the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back