Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had to use maxmem=8192 to boot into Yosemite. It works fine, so far, but I don't know why I'm restricted to 8GB. I'll keep on testing and post here when I fine the sol'n. In the meantime, Yosemite is not yet ready for prime time hackintoshing, IMO.

I updated my system yesterday. Everything is fine except USB3, if you plug anything to that the system not recognize, but i think i can live with that..

We willl see what comes next.

Final cut, Lightroom etc working fine.

Zorro has 16GB of memory - needs the boot flag maxmem=8192 for installation and running. I added this to the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file, too, in the Kernel Flags.​

For 6 Series motherboards, you'll need to add to your MultiBeast for Mavericks created .mb file
Drivers > System > AppleACPIPlatorm Rollback > 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatorm Rollback​

I successfully updated my GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 (rev 1.3), i5 2500K, 16 GB, OC 4,3 GHz to Yosemite which is quite similar to Storks board. For the first successful boot after the Installation of Yosemite and Multibeast I had to use the boot flag "-f".

I'm using the beta-UEFI-Bios and a DSDT-free setup in Multibeast: No need for memory-restriction or AppleACPIPlatform Rollback.

My fusion drive (data/not system: Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB + Seagate 3 TB) is working fine as well as my HP 360T NIC (used AppleIntel1000e.kext v 2.4.14, do not forget to delete the non working Apple driver: /System/Libraries/Extensions/IONetworkfamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8254xEthernet.kext).

USB 3 ports do not work and audio does not work after resume from sleep.

UPDATE: USB 3 ports do work with the USB-driver from MultiBeast 7.0.1

I successfully updated my GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 (rev 1.3), i5 2500K, 16 GB, OC 4,3 GHz to Yosemite which is quite similar to Storks board. For the first successful boot after the Installation of Yosemite and Multibeast I had to use the boot flag "-f".

How did you get Yosemite to recognize all 16 GB of RAM?

What does the -f boot flag do?

I'm using the beta-UEFI-Bios and a DSDT-free setup in Multibeast: No need for memory-restriction or AppleACPIPlatform Rollback...

UPDATE: USB 3 ports do work with the USB-driver from MultiBeast 7.0.1
How did you get Yosemite to recognize all 16 GB of RAM?

What does the -f boot flag do?
EddyMac, he's use the Beta UEFI BIOS. It's probably time to try this "beta" BIOS which hasn't be updated in a while. When I return from my travels, I'll backup Zorro, install the Beta UEFI BIOS and see if Yosemite will work w/o the maxmem=8192.

OK I guess I didn't read carefully enough.

I thought you had decided the UEFI Bios wasn't worth the trouble...

When do you get back from your travels?

I use the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and tried to go UEFI at the weekend. It came back with something along the lines of a check error? so I gave up. Something to do with the version rings a bell. I'm sure I downloaded the correct software. Yosemite works fine with it without clover. Just can't use iMessage, which is one of my favourite features! So may end up trying again!

I have 16GB installed and its all working. I did take 8Gb out to install it though... then put it back again after it was working...

This is the first time I've ever heard of "maxmem=8192"...

Help!!!!!!

Did an upgrade from Mavericks and I can not get into the system. Stuck on a "PCI Configuration Begin" error

Now I bave updaed to uefi and get this new error. Help

How can I solve this as I can not run multibeast

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    835.1 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back