Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
After updating to Mavericks, I also updated iMovie to the new version 10. However, I'm having a problem. I made a very short movie of my daughter playing a game (about 40 seconds) and "Shared" it (both to iTunes, File and Theater all with the sames result) and the video has parts where it kinda breaks up, has artifacts, etc.

I created the same movie in the old version of iMovie (9.0.9) and there is no trace of this problem.

I created the same movie on my MacBook Air (2013) and there is no trace of this problem.

So there is something about my setup (hardware? software?) that is causing this problem. Does anyone have any clues? Could it be something to do with my GPU?

Is there a better place o the forum to be posting this question?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not using Mavericks as my production system, yet. I usually wait until 10.x.3 is released which usually has all the major bugs fixed in the OS X and apps. That being said, I haven't used iMovie in a while, so I'd recommending posting in The Clubhouse > System Usage > Video: http://www.tonymacx86.com/video/

MultiBeast for Mavericks has been bumped to v6.01 which updates: http://www.tonymacx86.com/announcements/115608-multibeast-6-0-1-update.html

Internal Changes:
  • Updated Drivers -> Misc -> USB 3.0 - Universal by Zenith432's to v1.2.7
  • Fixed install issue with Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement not deleting NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • Fixed issue with saving a Quick Start config with changed default Quick Start choices
  • Application is signed with an Apple Developer ID
Known Issues:
When using the UserDSDT Quick Start option, you cannot use /Extra/DSDT.aml on the destination volume as the DSDT file. If you do MultiBeast will fail to build correctly. This will be fixed in a future release.

So, update your USB 3.0 - Universal kext/driver. :thumbup:

EddyMac,

I don't recall recommending the Blu-ray writer optical drive as I have the Blu-ray ROM optical drives which the tonymacx86x Buyer's Guide recommends. However, I've good luck with LG optical drives as they're quieter than the Sony optical drives. Additionally, Apple has used Pioneer optical drives in it's Mac Pro in the past. So, try either one of the optical drives you listed if you need a Blu-ray writer optical drive.

OK thanks! I'll go with the LG since it's 20 bucks cheaper.

Thanks Stork for a great thread, obviously a gold mine for anyone that have a "Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000" configuration.

I have been using a UEFI for a while but with issues mostly related to sleep. Now after reading through some posts here I followed your advice to downgrade to the vanilla BIOS. However, it seems that I cannot get to F12. I eventually figured out that the EFI2AWD method worked if I skipped F12, in my case I went back to F10 and then I upgraded to F11 but I cannot upgrade to F12. I get a message that the image is invalid, no matter what upgrade method I try to use, and I have tried to download from two different mirrors on the GA website.

So now I am using the F11 BIOS and I have installed Mavericks using the exact same settings in MultiBeast as you suggests. It seems to work fine except for the HDMI audio, do I need do do something more to get HDMI audio to work?

/Petter

I'm sorry, but I can't help you with HDMI audio as I don't use that capability. However, I recommend you look at still trying to update to BIOS F12 and using the corresponding DSDT from the DSDT Database, and 2) seeing what you can find in the Forum's HDMI Audio section. http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/

Now I managed to get to the F12 BIOS by using a different USB stick. Very strange since the first USB stick worked for F10 and F11 but not F12. Anyway, sleep seems to work like a charm now. I totally second your opinion that BIOS is much more stable than UEFI.

Excellent! I'm glad you're system is doing it's thing. :thumbup: Keep on enjoying it. I'm a fan of my Zorro system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back