Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stork's Sandy Bridge Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000 - Lion

racingralph2009 said:
the_gael said:
The 2nd Issue - Boot Cycling - is apparently a fairly well known issue with Gigabyte motherboards.
I had the same problems. After searching on Google, I found this German forum:

http://forum.gigabyte.de/index.php?page ... eadID=4674

They believe it has something to do with the board running in AHCI mode. At post #13 a german blog is mentioned, where a fix is presentet, which has worked for me. The fix is simple: Reset the CMOS with the corresponding jumper. Of course you have to re-apply all you bios settings. The cycles are gone since then (3 days ago)

IMHO these boot cycles start apearing, after OSX crashes or you push the reset button while OSX is running etc, which happend a lot, when I was debugging sleep issues.

PS: Here http://forum.gigabyte.de/index.php?page ... eadID=4934 they discuss the same problem, and at post #8 a beta firmware F11a is mentioned, which did not solve the problem. I wouldnt install it, since no DSDT is available.

Yes, that is the same issue and when it first appeared it was possible to reset the CMOS using the jumper which is what I did - and yes, this issue appears after a crash.
The reason the computer goes into the boot cycle is because of a crash - in my case caused by using the CPU PLL overvoltage setting. It also happens to many people if they have a reset button which they press (this can happen with no overclock).

Another aspect and the reason that the CMOS reset failed to continue to address the issue for me is that on Overclock.net they suggest that the Bios gets corrupted by this issue which is indeed what I experienced and had to use the backup Bios and later download a new version of Bios f9 from Gigabyte.

On my system there is no reset button so that never gets used. I have now overclocked to 4.6ghz without using the CPU PLL Overvoltage setting and it is 1 hr OCCT stable and has run for a day with no issue. I will wait for a week of daily use before I post the settings though as I want to be sure it is completely stable.

Stork - the issue you mentioned with USB after wake - is that the same issue I have experienced (needing to plug and unplug) and is everyone experiencing this or just a few, if just a few is it limited to those using Apple Wired Aluminium KB and mouse?

HD3000 Display Port Audio

One question - didn't find any info using the search function:

Have to use the DisplayPort connector, since this is the only port of this mainboard that outputs the resolution for my Dell Ultrasharp U2711 of 2560x1440.

Is audio somehow possible via DisplayPort or should I stop thinking about that immediately? :geek:

Re: HD3000 Display Port Audio

racingralph2009 said:
One question - didn't find any info using the search function:

Have to use the DisplayPort connector, since this is the only port of this mainboard that outputs the resolution for my Dell Ultrasharp U2711 of 2560x1440.

Is audio somehow possible via DisplayPort or should I stop thinking about that immediately? :geek:
Immediately. :)

Re: HD3000 Display Port Audio

Mate94 said:
racingralph2009 said:

Ok - Seems that was the wrong way of questioning.. :D

the_gael said:
Stork - the issue you mentioned with USB after wake - is that the same issue I have experienced (needing to plug and unplug) and is everyone experiencing this or just a few, if just a few is it limited to those using Apple Wired Aluminum KB and mouse?
It appears that is the case for the USB KB/mouse users. See the Tweak Thread, starting with this post for more info: viewtopic.php?p=241412#p241412

racingralph2009 said:
Mate94 said:
racingralph2009 said:

Ok - Seems that was the wrong way of questioning.. :D
:lol: :lol: :p I've only seen threads on getting audio with HDMI. However, check the Audio section of the Forum. viewforum.php?f=16 There's even a sub forum dedicated to HDMI audio. I'll keep my out for a solution and even ask around. If you find something that works, post the link here since you asked the questions here.

Stork said:
If you find something that works, post the link here since you asked the questions here.

Got it working! This is just awsome! :headbang: It was really easy! Look at: viewtopic.php?p=253391#p253391

DP_audio.png

I also attach the DSDT for GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Bios F9, including Tony's mods for making HDMI Audio work.

So for the Z68X-UD3H-B3 you just need the AppleHDA.kext - v2.1.1 - with Realtek ALC 889 + HDMI patches (Step 6.) and the DSDT (if you are using Bios F9) you can use the patched one I attached to this post).

Attachments

• DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3-F9_hdmi-audio-patched.aml.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 72
  • DP_audio.png
    DP_audio.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 238

If anyone who has this build also has some way of testing noise levels, I'd be interested to know the results. I used an iPhone with the "Decibels" app ($0.99 on the App Store) and my build registers anywhere from 55 to 58 decibels, depending on where I hold the phone (front, top, side or back). I held the phone about 12 inches away from the case, with the microphone pointing toward the case.

I have been in touch with Corsair about this and they want me to send the case back to them for replacement. I'm trying to decide whether to do that, or whether to ditch Corsair altogether and go with a Silverstone FT02.

EddyMac said:
Signing up for this forum forced me to list my components but I don't have any yet.

I just typed "None yet" in those spaces. :thumbup:

NOISE UPDATE:

I unplugged all the fans in the system and decided that most of the noise is coming from my Gigbyte Radeon HD 6850 graphics card. Is there any way to control the fan speeds on this thing? I dont' do any gaming so if there was a way to slow the fans down without raising the temps too much I'd appreciate knowing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back