Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stork's Sandy Bridge Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000 - Lion

Ok, I just finished my Z68X-UD3H-B3 build.

Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case - CC-9011011-WW
Corsair Professional Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with Intel and AMD Platforms - CMPSU-650HX
Corsair 8 GB Vengeance Low Profile PC3-12800 1600mHz 240-pin Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit CML8GX3M2A1600C9W - White
Intel Core i7-2600K Processor
Gigabyte Intel Z68 ATX DDR3 2133 LGA 1155 Motherboards GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Using the 3000 onboard graphics.

Used an existing 250gig Seagate hard drive. Works! Installed Lion via Unibeast. Then used Multibeast to get sound working and the Network card to let me get iCloud happy.

It's faster than my 2008 MacPro. :)

Now, how do I go about cloning the drive to keep a copy in case I mess this one up? Carbon Copy Cloner?

Hi!
This is my first post :)

I have some problems with similar setup.
I´m with snow leopard and installation went ok with
update helper -> reboot -> combo 10.6.8 -> Multibeast.

Combo updater crashed during multibeast but I heard its ok if it has run till the end.
Integrated graphics are working ok for my surprise or at least I think so..
Audio and network is ok. haven´t tried usb3. Sleep is working with power button, if using mouse/keyboard to wake I have to unplug them.

My main problem is with mouse cursor. It laggs behind. The mouse indicator refreshes when you do some other task. This is little hard for me to explain with my language skills. ;) But it´s real pain in the ass in logic when it shows the tool that you had 10 seconds ago.

I remember seeing a post with this kind of problem but couldn´t find it.
Is this because of the combination of integated graphics & Snow Leopard?
Any ideas?

ericdano said:
...how do I go about cloning the drive to keep a copy in case I mess this one up? Carbon Copy Cloner?
That's what I do.

ylinjohto said:
...I have some problems with similar setup.
I´m with snow leopard and installation went ok with
update helper -> reboot -> combo 10.6.8 -> Multibeast.

Combo updater crashed during multibeast but I heard its ok if it has run till the end.
Integrated graphics are working ok for my surprise or at least I think so..
Audio and network is ok. haven´t tried usb3. Sleep is working with power button, if using mouse/keyboard to wake I have to unplug them.

My main problem is with mouse cursor. It lags behind. The mouse indicator refreshes when you do some other task. This is little hard for me to explain with my language skills. ;) But it´s real pain in the ass in logic when it shows the tool that you had 10 seconds ago...

The crash is not unusual. Re-run MultiBeast 3.9.1 again. (I'm assuming you're still running Snow Leopard.) If the mouse issue persists, then see if you can make adjustments in the System Preferences > Mouse. If you have a Logitech Mouse, install the Logitech Control Center (LCC) which you can get from Logitech.com. If you have any other non Apple mouse, then check the manufacturer's web site for a Snow Leopard driver. Lion makes a lot of these types of issues go away.

Hey, Thanks. I´d never thought of tweaking mouse so precisely. And yes I am still with Snow Leo.
I borrowed sapphire HD 6850 from my brother and it worked straight OoB. It also solved the mouse and booting to sleep problem. I´m going with this setup next week because I have some work to do with this machine. But I´m gonna try those mouse tips afterwards. But if that doesn"t work it´s more likely that I update to Lion than get discreet GPU.

Have to check is Pro Tools 9 running smoothly under Lion..

Hi,
I've got the same build but a i5 2500K. I like it, fresh install with lion 10.7.2 and multibeast.

The only issue I got is with network:

sometimes the network goes really slow or disconnect for a second, and that's really annoying with http downloads + if i unplug the cable, I have to reboot or do sudo ifconfig en0 down && sudo ifconfig en0 up to get it working again.

Is there a fix for that?

Thanks

BTW F10's DSDT is 100% identical to F9 (extracted both from bios downloaded from gigabyte's site and made the md5sums ;) )

For the sound I use ALC88x + HDA rollback to 10.6.2 but I get some audio pops - how can I use the latest applehda? What are the patches to apply? Will this work with HDMI audio?

As you can tell from my MultiBeast 4.1.0 configuration screen snapshot, I'm using Lnx2Mac's Realtech Ethernet network driver, and I have not experienced any problems.

I use to have audio pops in Snow Leopard, but they went away with Lion somewhere along the update line 10.7.0 ->10.7.2. Try rerunning MultiBeast 4.1.0 with just System Utilities and the audio again. (If you do rerun MulitBeast again, try Lnx2Mac's network driver.)

It's always a good idea to run Disk Utility's Repair Permissions before and after each OS X update. Sometimes it's cured problems that others have.

Yes I use lnx2mac drivers too. I also repaired the pemissions and reinstalled the audio kexts, but everytime the audio goes to sleep, when it wakes i get that "pop" sound.

Hello, I am a total noob when it comes to this. I have the same motherboard with an i5-2500k. I am getting a AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kernel panic when I try and book from my internal HD. I know this sounds really vague, but I need to know what dsdt to download and what options to pick on multibeast.

From the local idiot/asshole

You have to use either a DSDT or NullCPUPowerManagement.kext ;)

Hope this helped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back