Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone had their machine die? I just restarted mine and it never came back. It isn't posting. I think I am hearing 1 long beep and 2 short, but that would indicate a gpu problem, and this system is using the built-in hd3000 graphics of the core i5 2500k.

I have removed all but 1 ram stick (and reseated that) and unplugged the firewire card, all sata and usb devices, but still the same symptoms.

Any suggestions?

Hi all,

Today, i tried to make a clean install of Yosemite 10.10.5 on my hack i5 2500K - Z68X-UD3H-B3 Bios F12 - 8GB Ram with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 with several hard drives.
I thought i wouldnt have any problems !
But on reboot after the Post-Install, i have always a freeze on the boot grey apple with the progress bar at zero (verbose : stuck to "PCI Configuration begin").
I dont know what to do...

no problem to make my key Unibeast (6.1.1) with 10.10.5
no problem to boot on the USB Flash Voyager key, format SSD and to install Yosemite
then Post install with MultiBeast 7.5 :

Quick Start > UserDSDT -> DSDT.aml Z68x-ud3-b3 F12
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC889
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party eSATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.3 TRIM Patch
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.18.1394
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins v6.18.1394
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Appli v6.18.1394
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
Drivers > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v4.1.0
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Use kernelCache
Customize > Sys Definitions > iMac 12,2
Customize > SSDT Options > Sandy Bridge Core i5
Customize > Themes tonymacx86 Black

I have in chameleon.boot.plist :

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>"Windows" "Datas_Seven"</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

-> try to add PCIRootUID=1 : nothing
-> change system def to MacPro 3,1 : nothing

I have no more ideas !
i have no problem at all with my previous installs with ML and Mavericks.

thanx for any help !

JPhorus

Hi all,

Today, i tried to make a clean install of Yosemite 10.10.5 on my hack i5 2500K - Z68X-UD3H-B3 Bios F12 - 8GB Ram with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 with several hard drives.
I thought i wouldnt have any problems !
But on reboot after the Post-Install, i have always a freeze on the boot grey apple with the progress bar at zero (verbose : stuck to "PCI Configuration begin").
I dont know what to do...

no problem to make my key Unibeast (6.1.1) with 10.10.5
no problem to boot on the USB Flash Voyager key, format SSD and to install Yosemite
then Post install with MultiBeast 7.5 :

Quick Start > UserDSDT -> DSDT.aml Z68x-ud3-b3 F12
It looks like you used the UniBeast 6.1.1 (Clover) for El Capitan with MultiBeast for Yosemite - the two are not compatible.

You can install Yosemite using the tradition UniBeast v5.20 (Chimera) and MultiBeast v7.5.2, or you install Yosemite using the Clover method, using UniBeast v6.1.1 and the El Capitan Post-Install Tools. I recommend you use the former as it easier to install Yosemite. I also recommend you hold off upgrading to El Capitan until the installation method and El Capitan, itself, become more mature.

I am personally holding off installing El Capitan as a production system until at least 10.11.3 for the reasons stated above.

oups...have forgot to install :

Drivers > System > AppleACPIPlatform Rollback > 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback

it explains the freeze at PCI config begin.
everything is fine now !

So, stork, it seems that there is no correlation between the boatloader inside the USB key and the other which is installed by Multibeast at the post install, no ?

Thanks !

JPhorus

tl;dr: Is it possible to get the onboard audio working, without having any unsigned kext in /S/L/E or /Library/Extensions?

Hi,

still using Stork's Zorro Build in nearly the exact configuration as mentioned in the OP and it served me very well in the past years - big thanks to all who made this possible. I installed 10.11 and everything seems to run without any problems, using UEFI and Clover bootloader.

My questions are:

• Getting HDMI/DP (got that already working) and ALC889 audio to work while having El Capitan's CSR security activated, which means only DSDT patching and putting kexts into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 is allowed).
  • Is it true, that Clover can not patch the DSDT on the fly for a HD3000 on a series6 Sandy Bridge system, esp. the 'AAPL,snb-platform-id' changes? Patches that work for me: https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdm...-6_series/sb2-hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd3000-3.txt but I would like to have a system as vanilla as possible, so is it possible to create a clover config.plist that makes these changes to the DSDT? According to this (https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverHDMI/blob/master/README.txt point 'Required Information (Select one from each category)' -> D.c) it is not possible, but perhaps anyone found a solution. Also the SSDT solution didn't work for me.
  • Is it possible to get the onboard audio working, without having an unsigned kext in /S/L/E or /Library/Extensions? The scripts at https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC are great, but they install a kext on the system, which does not get loaded, if CSR is active.

Background:
As you might know, El Capitan introduced a new security system and unsigned kexts can only be loaded, if the kextcache is generated while CSR is deactivated (setting Clovers CsrActiveConfig to 0x3) or by using Clovers kexts injection mechanism (putting kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11), which can bypass CSR.

Getting HDMI/DP audio working for the Zorro Build:
  1. Patch DSDT (https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_hd3000). Toleda also offers a SSDT variant, but I didnt get it working yet.
  2. Add this to Clovers config.plist (only the 0x5 Framebuffer port needs to be patched from DP to HDMI/DVI, not the 0x6 one, which is already the DP port. 0x7 is native HDMI/DVI (see https://github.com/toleda/graphics_Intel_framebuffers).
    Code:
    		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
    		<array>
    			<dict>
    				<key>Name</key>
    				<string>AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB</string>
    				<key>Find</key>
    				<data>AgUAAAAEAAAHAAAA</data>
    				<key>Replace</key>
    				<data>AgUAAAAIAAAGAAAA</data>
    				<key>Comment</key>
    				<string>10.10-SNB-Port _0x5-DP2HDMI</string>
    			</dict>
    Code:
    <key>Devices</key>
    	<dict>
    		<key>Audio</key>
    		<dict>
    			<key>Inject</key>
    			<string>3</string>
    		</dict>
    More info here: https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverHDMI

To get onboard audio working:
  1. Run the scripts at https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

Last edited:
Hi,

still using Stork's Zorro Build in nearly the exact configuration as mentioned in the OP and it served me very well in the past years - big thanks to all who made this possible. I installed 10.11 and everything seems to run without any problems, using UEFI and Clover bootloader.

My questions are:.....

I just have to complement you on having one of the better laid out questions I have seen on a forum.

Am I understanding correctly that the shiny new Multibeast 8.0 will not work as a post-install tool for this build?

Am I understanding correctly that the shiny new Multibeast 8.0 will not work as a post-install tool for this build?
MultiBeast v8.0 "cannot be used for Legacy Root mode Clover installs." So, if that's the method you're using (the Legacy Root mode), then, no, you can't use MultiBeast v8.0.

Hi everyone, I have been a long time reader but this is my first post here.

I have a CustoMac with the same hardware as you, except for the CPU which is a 2500K.

Courrently it is running Yosemite with no problems at all. I installed it using Unibeast and Multibeast.

Now I am planing to upgrade to El Capitan and a series of doubts arises.

In the past I upgraded my motherboard from BIOS to UEFI, courrently it's sitting on "U1B" (I see theres a newer one in Gigabyte's site, should I upgrade?) and my motherboard revision is 1.3 if this matters at all.

The thing is that reading through tonymac's guide for installing El Capitan I dont know if I have to use Multibeast or the older "post-installation tools". Furthermore I don't know if I have choose Legacy mode or UEFI mode. My intuition says that I need Multibeast with UEFI mode but then I read "If your system requires installing Clover to the root of the drive, such as Gigabyte 6 Series and X58 systems, skip to step 6" and I am lost. My MoBo is a Gigabyte 6 series, but updated to UEFI, my mind is a chaos right now.

Also do I need any specific BIOS settings?

I -unsuccessfully- tried to switch to clover in the past but my HD3000 was giving me headaches and I gave up, but I think this problems are solved with this new tools.

RECAP: Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 rev. 1.3 on UEFI BIOS, 2500K + HD3000. Should I use Multibeast or "post-installation tools", after that should I use Legacy or UEFI mode?

Thanks a lot in advance, best regards,

Rafa

There is no solution for 3rd party USB 3.0 ports at the moment. The solution for hard drive boot is to turn off USB 3.0 in the BIOS if you have NEC/Renesas hubs.

You should be able to use MultiBeast 8.0 with Legacy Boot Mode. If you have UEFI BIOS you can use UEFI Boot mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back