Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Weird huh?
Kinda of. I've heard reports like that over the past couple of years. Did you disconnect all your other drives when you installed El Cappy?

Well, boot into Yo, flushing the cache (UseKernelCache=No or -f boot flags). If the SysDef is still iMac11,1, use iMessage.debug2 to determine the MLB & ROM ID Values. See How to Fix iMessage, Chapter 7.1. iMessage.debug is an attachment in the 1st post. Save these values just in case.

You can use MultiBeast for Yosemite to change your Yosemite SysDef and using Chapter 7 as a guide to get iMessage working again.

Just did a test update to El Capitan on the Z68X-UD3H-B3 with UEFI bios U1L (i5 2500K, GTX 970, Mac Pro 3.1 SMBIOS)... and everything seems to work very nicely... actually better than in Yosemite at first sight.

• The USB 3 chip (Etron) is recognized natively (I had to use clover patches in Yosemite)
• No visible problems with Nvidia web drivers
• Even sleep seems to work properly (apart from ejecting USB drives)
• Don't know about sound, I use an external DAC

My Z68X-UD3H-B3 is running quite well, just a few graphics artefacts showing up now and then...

Do you use UEFI or BIOS?

Hi

I have this build running on 10.10.2 with a GeForce GTX 660.

I wanted to ask how to upgrade to El Capitan. I am on Chameleon but I am using UEFI BIOS

Hi

I have this build running on 10.10.2 with a GeForce GTX 660.

I wanted to ask how to upgrade to El Capitan. I am on Chameleon but I am using UEFI BIOS
Well, as a coach, I use to tell the players, "don't rush to fail." So, hang in there for a while.

I'm still working out how to get the USB ports working on my Hector build. (As you may know from reading the El Capitan forum section threads, Apple instituted a new USB mapping scheme in El Capitan that will be necessary to add patches to your motherboard's DSDT.) Because of this USB problem, I'm not recommending your upgrade to El Capitan until an easy solution is available.

In the meantime, upgrade to 10.10.5 to get the security updates and bug fixes. I'd download the combo updater. See Post #1 & 2 here for how to update. Make sure to use MultiBeast for Yosemite v7.5.1.

I am still running this build with the onboard graphics HD3000 and I would like to update the system from 10.9.4 to ElCap. I don't have any spare video cards laying around but there is one on my local CL that I could pick up. It is a Radeon HD 5830 I just don't know for sure that it will work to avoid the upgrade issue. Does anyone know if this will work for me?

Thanks

I am still running this build with the onboard graphics HD3000 and I would like to update the system from 10.9.4 to ElCap. I don't have any spare video cards laying around but there is one on my local CL that I could pick up. It is a Radeon HD 5830 I just don't know for sure that it will work to avoid the upgrade issue. Does anyone know if this will work for me?

Thanks

A lot of people are having issues with Radeon 5xxx and 6xxx cards on El Capitan

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/170781-no-display-usb-after-wake-10-11-a.html

I'm struggling with my Radeon 6670

I'm not in a hurry to move to El Capitan. First, it's 10.11.0. Second, the USB 3/2 ports are not automatically aligned like in Yosemite and earlier OS X's. So, I recommend you don't be an "early adapter." I'll post when I've solved the El Capitan USB problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back