Contribute
Register

Stork's Thunderball III Build: Gigabyte Z690 Aero G (Thunderbolt 3/4) - i5-12600K - Gigabyte RX 6600 XT

Updated to OC 0.8.1 without a problem. So far, Thunderbolt 3 works with my OWC TB3 dock including hot plug peripherals.

Updated to OC 0.8.4 and Monterey 12.6 without a problem.

This is a marvelous hackintosh, thanks to @CaseySJ. Thunderbolt 3 hot plugging works. I'm a "happy camper"! :headbang:

You've completed the Thunderball Trilogy. Will there be a TB IV ? Doesn't seem likely but you never know.

Last edited:
You've completed the Thunderball Trilogy. Will there be a TB IV ? Doesn't seem likely but you never know.
Probably, right now my main computers are Thunderball III and Apple M1 Studio Mac, which has Thunderbolt 4. Hmmmm. :lol:

I installed the latest Ventura Public Beta and things are working great so far. I'm on OC 0.8.4.

I installed the latest Ventura Public Beta and things are working great so far. I'm on OC 0.8.4.
I'm now on OpenCore 0.8.5. Ventura 13.0 will be released on October 24, 2022. However, Monterey will still be my production macOS until Ventura reaches 13.3, at least.

BTW, Thunderball III is the best hackintosh I've had to date. :thumbup: :clap:

At this time, the newer BIOS versions, F20 and F21, do not work with macOS at this time. See @CaseySJ's thread for the latest information.

Hey just a quick question, my board doesn't seem to properly work with XMP, I get boot failures with it engaged even after manually tweaking voltage. It's not necessary for this build is it?

Thanks

Hey just a quick question, my board doesn't seem to properly work with XMP, I get boot failures with it engaged even after manually tweaking voltage. It's not necessary for this build is it?

Thanks
I haven't used XMP to get memory to run at full speed. Maybe @CaseySJ has tweaked XMP.

Thanks
XMP is not strictly necessary. XMP typically works fine with 2 memory modules, but can cause problems when using 4 memory modules or high capacity modules.

Back