Contribute
Register

Stork's Thunderball II Build: ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator (Thunderbolt 3) - i5-10400 - RX 580

So I was able to fix the USB being recognized. I still had the scheme as MBR instead of GUID Partition (silly me); however, I am now getting an end randomseed error “++++++++++++++++++” when trying to install using a Unibeast install drive. I’ve tried adding the SSDT and Kexts from the original post in my EFI folder on my drive. (Not sure if that was the best move). Are there any other required kexts or boot args I should use while installing on this board? Right now I have the Unibeast defaults (dart=0 Nv_disable=1) and have added -x -v.

Disclaimer: It has been a while since I have really worked on an install, like 2011. I have started looking at OpenCore as suggested in the original post, but dont have another personal computer at this time to experiment fully. Was hoping to maybe get this started with Clover then make a switch in bootloader later.
Try using another USB port. I use the one of the two under the Ethernet port on the Back Panel.

Try using another USB port. I use the one of the two under the Ethernet port on the Back Panel.
I think I tried that but will try again when I get home. Also, is it still best to use a USB 2.0 drive, or does that not matter anymore?

I think I tried that but will try again when I get home. Also, is it still best to use a USB 2.0 drive, or does that not matter anymore?
Doesn't matter any more. I use a USB 3.0 thumb drive.

Doesn't matter any more. I use a USB 3.0 thumb drive.
Switching the USB port didn't help. I am using a 3.0 drive as well.

Also tried removing one of my memory sticks from B1. Just have 16GB in A1.

Things I have tried:
  • Moving the memory stick to different slots.
  • Different versions of Clover.
  • Using OSXAptioFix3 instead of AptioMemoryFix.

Attachments

• A8FCC654-A63D-4542-BFB0-142118218CCA.jpeg
    A8FCC654-A63D-4542-BFB0-142118218CCA.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Installed Monterey Public Beta successfully on a test disk. Make sure SecureBootMode is set to Disabled. I used my Big Sur OC 0.7.1 EFI on the USB thumb drive installer.

I finally made some progress after getting a different Catalina download. Now I am stuck at this screen in verbose.

Attachments

• EA939460-D00A-4B83-BB96-8DA9447C4470.jpeg
    EA939460-D00A-4B83-BB96-8DA9447C4470.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 49
I finally made some progress after getting a different Catalina download. Now I am stuck at this screen in verbose.
Hi. Sorry it's really hard to troubleshoot this issue as it's kind of a generic failure that happens right at the start and could be due to many reasons. Are you still using Clover? I'd highly recommend using OpenCore as everyone in this thread is using it and will make troubleshooting a lot easier ;)

Edit: Please tell us your graphics setup (Nvidia, AMD or iGPU)

Hi. Sorry it's really hard to troubleshoot this issue as it's kind of a generic failure that happens right at the start and could be due to many reasons. Are you still using Clover? I'd highly recommend using OpenCore as everyone in this thread is using it and will make troubleshooting a lot easier ;)

Edit: Please tell us your graphics setup (Nvidia, AMD or iGPU)
Hi. I am using Clover and iGPU with this error. I started the setup for OpenCore, but it will be a while before I figure it all out since I am new to it. Was trying to get a working backup on Clover in the meantime so I would have a system to test OpenCore on while building the EFI folder and config file.

Back